Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HELP ld.so.1 NOT FOUND
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HELP ld.so.1 NOT FOUND Post 59 by Neo on Wednesday 4th of October 2000 03:18:39 PM
Old 10-04-2000
There are a number of ways to fix this. It depends on which utilities are using the shared libs. Try the cat()
built in like this, perhaps:

cat >> /etc/ldconfig
/current/path/of/your/lib/dir
#or whatever the name of your ldconfig files is
#on your system.
^D^D (control D twice)

The command above will use cat to 'cat' a temporary
path and append it to the LDCONFIG file (your
system has it's filename, whatever for ldconfig.conf).

Then run the command ldconfig() (or similar) and
rebuild your LD table.

That is one possible fix. There are others, including
changing the environment variable (if you system uses them for LDPATH, etc.)

You can also just boot the system off a boot disk, mount the
filesystems and rename or relink. Then reboot.

Don't panic Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OM not found

Hello everybody: Im facing this weird problem on my SUN V890 running SOL9, from time to time I keep getting this error from the prompt when i press enter for blank: OM: not found sometimes if I entered a coomand it will give me: OM(command name):not found, but repeating the same command it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
4 Replies

3. Solaris

-sh: H: not found

I have found this error when i logged in as root: su - Any body have any idea where this error coming from or what is not working? -Adeel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deal732
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

^M: not found

Hi All, when i ran a shell script ,its showing "^M: not found" errore i used the the code dos2unix sunshine.sh sunshine1.sh and then again i ran the scriptand then its still showing the errore please help me in the matter. thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help ( sh: not found )

I have the script like this - When i try to running manually it's running as well, no error but when i put on the cronjob it give output Somebody can help me ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: +: not found

hello all, In a perl script I am writing, $dd =`expr $dd + 1`; for adding $dd, but getting following error: sh: +: not found Please help!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

^M not found

hi: I had an existing script in production and I commented some lines and implemented the same. The scripts fails with a cc of 127 and I get the msg: ^M: not found I checked the file format and it is a PC file format. Does this cause the script to fail with cc= 127. Can somebody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meghna
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rather: not found

Hey I have a weird "problem" here It's more out of curiosity, my script is working fine, but giving me a "pidt.sh: 7: Rather: not found" error... #!/bin/sh log="log/`date +%F_pidt.log`" echo "---n`date`n---n" >> $log for i in `cat pidt.conf` do || $( /etc/init.d/$i start &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
3 Replies

9. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run-time bindings SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ldconfig [-nNvXV] [-f conf] [-C cache] [-r root] directory... /sbin/ldconfig -l [-v] library... /sbin/ldconfig -p DESCRIPTION
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories, /lib and /usr/lib (on some 64-bit architectures such as x86-64, lib and /usr/lib are the trusted directories for 32-bit libraries, while /lib64 and /usr/lib64 are used for 64-bit libraries). The cache is used by the run-time linker, ld.so or ld-linux.so. ldconfig checks the header and filenames of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated. ldconfig will attempt to deduce the type of ELF libraries (i.e., libc5 or libc6/glibc) based on what C libraries, if any, the library was linked against. Some existing libraries do not contain enough information to allow the deduction of their type. Therefore, the /etc/ld.so.conf file format allows the specification of an expected type. This is used only for those ELF libraries which we can not work out. The format is "dirname=TYPE", where TYPE can be libc4, libc5, or libc6. (This syntax also works on the command line.) Spaces are not allowed. Also see the -p option. ldconfig should normally be run by the superuser as it may require write permission on some root owned directories and files. OPTIONS
-c fmt, --format=fmt (Since glibc 2.2) Cache format to use: old, new, or compat (default). -C cache Use cache instead of /etc/ld.so.cache. -f conf Use conf instead of /etc/ld.so.conf. -i, --ignore-aux-cache (Since glibc 2.7) Ignore auxiliary cache file. -l (Since glibc 2.2) Library mode. Manually link individual libraries. Intended for use by experts only. -n Process only the directories specified on the command line. Don't process the trusted directories, nor those specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. Implies -N. -N Don't rebuild the cache. Unless -X is also specified, links are still updated. -p, --print-cache Print the lists of directories and candidate libraries stored in the current cache. -r root Change to and use root as the root directory. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. Print current version number, the name of each directory as it is scanned, and any links that are created. Overrides quiet mode. -V, --version Print program version. -X Don't update links. Unless -N is also specified, the cache is still rebuilt. FILES
/lib/ld.so Run-time linker/loader. /etc/ld.so.conf File containing a list of directories, one per line, in which to search for libraries. /etc/ld.so.cache File containing an ordered list of libraries found in the directories specified in /etc/ld.so.conf, as well as those found in the trusted directories. SEE ALSO
ldd(1), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 LDCONFIG(8)