Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd Post 58914 by moxxx68 on Saturday 4th of December 2004 12:09:35 AM
Old 12-04-2004
Java for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd Documentation

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide.

Name: Illustrated Unix SystemV/BSD Author: Robert Felps
http://duplex.hypermart.net/books/bsd/index.html
moxxx68

Last edited by moxxx68; 12-04-2004 at 01:47 AM..

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Unix/Linux/BSD

I'm planning to learn Unix/Linux as much as possible to be able to expert on Unix system. I have a few questions in regard to Unix system 1. How come they are so many different type of Linux, and do they follow same standard commands in the Unix system? I'm afraid of having so many choices... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindful123
6 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)