Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle 9i ODBC connection
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Oracle 9i ODBC connection Post 58733 by jkuchar747 on Tuesday 30th of November 2004 02:56:32 PM
Old 11-30-2004
I would like to thank everyone who responded. It turned out to be an ODBC driver problem, once I loaded the correct driver, my ODBC connection worked.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle Odbc

Hello all, i like to install an application program that will interact with the oracle database. oracle has been installed in /export/home/oracle does the new application has to be in the same directory and if not which one do you recommend? There is a drive like the ODBC in oracle to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to check Oracle odbc connectivity in solaris ?

Hi, I have my application and database servers running on solaris. I need to check Db connectivity for a datasource in my Db server. Please guide me how to do it in solaris env. Aru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
2 Replies

3. SCO

SCO ODBC connection to Vista?

Hi, I'm trying to make an odbc connection to a SCO db using Vista, but I'm having some troubles. In the past I have used Vision97 on either windows 98 and XP, but it will not install on Vista. Is there an alternative driver that I can use to make my connection? Any other workaround? Thanks, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knewknow
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_hashref failed: [unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of r

Here is part of my program code: #Collect the output of test database and count the no #of rows too while(my @array = $tstDbStatementHandle->fetchrow_array) { push @tstDbOutputArray,; $tstDbOutputRows++; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle by using ODBC on UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to connect to Oracle database which is installed on WINDOWS machine. I dont have Oracle client installed on my AIX so i can't use SQLPLUS command. But ODBC to connect to Oracle is configured on my UNIX server. Can any one help me with the steps of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

6. Linux

Unable to setup ODBC connection in RHEL5 64 bit and MySql 5.0

Hi , I am unable to setup ODBC connection in RHEL5 64 bit and MySql 5.0 I had modified ODBC.ini file , set the env variables such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ODBCINI , ODBCSYSINI etc . Getting the error as Data source name not found, and no default driver specified ERROR: Could not SQLConnect ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopalidalvi231
0 Replies

7. Programming

Help in pro*c for Oracle connection

hi, am making oracle connection through pro*c using the following command sample: exec sql connect username identified by password. but m getting the following errors frequently even though listener and db is running fine but some times code is working fine and not giving errors. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job fails with [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Connection not open error

Hi, When run the script directly...it executes as expected. But when put it in crontab the job fails with this error: Connection not open 08003: Connection not open Unable to connect to the database... how come it is not able to connect when cron job fires?... Do I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthakki
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Establish ODBC connection from Linux

Hi All, I want to establish a ODBC connection to a database from linux and query the tables of a database. Please let me know how I can achieve this. Thanks and Regards Nagaraja Akkivalli. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
0 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3pm)