Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Czech Keyboard
Operating Systems Solaris Czech Keyboard Post 58677 by paho on Monday 29th of November 2004 07:39:20 AM
Old 11-29-2004
Czech Keyboard

Hi all,

I want to connect via a Netterm100 (alpha net). to a Solaris 8 Server. I use a CZECH Keyoard. The problem is that the solaris-server cannot recognize the CZ-Keys. What should I change that the CZ-Keyboard runs.

Many thanx

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. SCO

Kill from keyboard

I have a cron job that creates my backup tape. However my commands in this job are timing out, therefore "Retrying job retry" is the loop it is hung into. I cannot telnet to the box nor get a login prompt. What is the kill command keystone stroke sequence that will break a cron job? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwideman
3 Replies

3. Linux

mdk 10.2 and keyboard

Hi all, I'm running a mdk 10.2 cooker on my computer. After and update, i've lost the "alt gr" key. How am i supposed to get it back? I've already googled around a bit, testing solutions provided, but nothing can help.. any other suggestions? Thanx all Jason (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard keeps locking up

First off, let me start by saying that I am a total rookie when it comes to Unix so I will do my best to explain the situation. BACKGROUND:We are running AIX and using a third party Inventory Management software called Acclaim. My main interface terminal is just a "dummy" terminal hooked up to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sstaszak11
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Keyboard problem

Hi to everyone I am new at Solaris world so I need little help. I can not put my keyboard to Croatian layout. I tried to edit /etc/default/init and in that file I changed LC_ALL=hr_HR. Also I tried to change my language settings over GUI (input methods and SCIIM) but with no results. Also tried... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
11 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)