Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I should know this but...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers I should know this but... Post 5851 by Optimus_P on Friday 24th of August 2001 02:45:57 PM
Old 08-24-2001
this is almost a standard download on a new system. what you do is after you download the package. it should automaticly link cc to gcc.

solaris by default does not come with a compliler unless you have purchesed one of the add ons for the nos.

if you already have gcc do a whereis cc and ln -s (path to gcc) cc

GENASSYM.CF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    GENASSYM.CF(5)

NAME
genassym.cf -- assym.h definition file DESCRIPTION
The genassym.cf file is used by genassym(1) to make constant C expressions known to assembler source files. Lines starting with '#' are dis- carded by genassym(1). Lines starting with include, ifdef, if, else or endif are preceded with '#' and passed otherwise unmodified to the C compiler. Lines starting with quote get passed on with the quote command removed. The first word after a define command is taken as a CPP identifier and the rest of the line has to be a constant C expression. The output of genassym(1) will assign the numerical value of this expression to the CPP identifier. export X is a shorthand for define X X. struct X remembers X for the member command and does a define X_SIZEOF sizeof(X). member X does a define X offsetof(<last struct>, X). config <ctype> <gcc constraint> <asm print modifier> can be used to customize the output of genassym(1). When producing C output, values are casted to <ctype> (default: long) before they get handed to printf. <gcc constraint> (default: n) is the constraint used in the __asm__ statements. <asm print modifier> (default: empty) can be used to force gcc to output operands in different ways then normal. The "a" modifier e.g. stops gcc from emitting immediate prefixes in front of con- stants for the i386 and m68k port. FILES
/usr/src/sys/arch/${MACHINE}/${MACHINE}/genassym.cf SEE ALSO
genassym(1) HISTORY
The genassym.cf file appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
August 18, 2005 BSD