Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to recursivly search all html files below the current Post 58434 by zazzybob on Monday 22nd of November 2004 03:38:02 AM
Old 11-22-2004
Or if you're using GNU grep, simply

grep -r "ABCDE" *.html

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg:how to search a file recursivly

Hi Guys, can any help to write a script to search for a file Recursively and i need to write a path of the file into some other file. May be upto 5 directories. Regards, Rajanikanth. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajanikanth
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files recursivly in specified directories

Hi, This is what I would like to do. 1. Find all directories named "ByHost" in a specified directory 2. Rename all .plist files inside "ByHost" directories This is the way I have been able to do it so far. #!/bin/sh # # Rename ByHost files # # Thomas Berglund, 13.07.08 # Get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thomas Berglund
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use ind command to search files on differnet server

Hi, I am writing script to search the directories on different server. I have 3 servers. eg. ser1, ser2, ser2 find <absolute_path>-type d -user <user_name> -ctime +5 -exec ls -ltd {} \; can someone please suggest me some way how can i use find command for this. i have ssh connectivity... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using find command to search a pattern in group of files

Hi i am having a group of *.csh files under parent directory. Now i want to search a particular pattern in these group of *.csh files(suppose i need to search a pattern ABC - proj ). Can anyone please tell me how to do it using find command. Thanks in advance sarbjit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to list current day files only

Hi All, can anyone pls share the command to list the files of current day only. i want to check if there are any files in a particular directory which are not of current date. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephroyal
6 Replies

8. Linux

Search only text files with 'find' command?

I've been using this to search an entire directory recursively for a specific phrase in my code (html, css, php, javascript, etc.): find dir_name -type f -exec grep -l "phrase" {} \; The problem is that it searches ALL files in the directory 'dir_name', even binary ones such as large JPEG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Collider
2 Replies

9. Debian

Search files that start with current date

hi all, i need to find same files in my directory that looks like this format 20121017145949639.xml (YYYYMMDD*.xml) thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search: find current line, then search back

Hello. I want to find a line that has "new = 0" in it, then search back based on field $4 () in the current line, and find the first line that has field $4 and "last fetch" Grep or Awk preferred. Here is what the data looks like: 2013-12-12 12:10:30,117 TRACE last fetch: Thu Dec 12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimBurns
7 Replies
htsearch(1)						      General Commands Manual						       htsearch(1)

NAME
htsearch - create document index and word database for the ht://Dig search engine SYNOPSIS
htsearch [options] [query_string] DESCRIPTION
Htsearch is used to search in de databases created by htdig for content. is the actual search engine of the htdig search system. It is a CGI program that is expected to be invoked by an HTML form. It will accept both the GET and POST methods of passing data to the CGI pro- gram. OPTIONS
query_string A CGI-style query string can be given as a single argument, and is only used if the REQUEST_METHOD environment variable is not set. If no query_string is given, and REQUEST_METHOD is not set, htsearch will prompt for the query. -c configfile Use the specified configfile instead of the default (for security reasons this option is only available when htsearch is used on the commandline). -v -d Run in verbose mode. This increases the verbosity of the program. Using more than 2 is probably only useful for debugging pur- poses. The default verbose mode gives a progress on what it is doing and where it is. FILES
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf The default configuration file. /srv/www/htdig/common/header.html The default search results header file /srv/www/htdig/common/footer.html The default search results footer file /srv/www/htdig/common/wrapper.html The default search results wrapper file, that contains the header and footer together in one file /srv/www/htdig/common/nomatch.html The default 'no matches found' HTML file /srv/www/htdig/common/syntax.html The default file that explains boolean expression syntax errors SEE ALSO
Please refer to the HTML pages (in the htdig-doc package) /usr/share/doc/htdig-doc/html/index.html and the manual pages htdig(1) and htmerge(1) for a detailed description of ht://Dig and its commands. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stijn de Bekker, based on the HTML documentation of ht://Dig. 6 October 2001 htsearch(1)