Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Packages of different distributions Post 58417 by avaurus on Sunday 21st of November 2004 11:36:49 AM
Old 11-21-2004
Quote:
To build a packages that works on ALL Slackware-10 boxes, you have to have a Slackware-10 install with absolutely no updates.
ok, thank you.

Quote:
As for a packages that is compatible for every distro, that is not going to happen.
of course not Smilie...

ok, all I wanted to know is answered, thank you.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix or Linux distributions for a PC

Hi all, I'd like to install either Unix or Linux on my PC and I don't know which way to go- I've tried with HP-UX 11.11 and it failed but I've heard that LInux is the fastest growing operating system in the world.I am asking you thus what sort of Linux distribution would be the best choice for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrian262
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

/etc/init.d available in all Linux distributions?

Hi All, I would just like to know if the /etc/init.d directory which is used to hold the start up scripts is available in all linux distributions? Are there any exceptions One more question Is the command chkconfig available in all Linux distributions and used in a similar fashions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurubarancse
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to calculate frequency distributions?

Hello, I'm trying to get lists of the frequency distributions for each of two variables (vars C and N in the examples). I'd like the distribution for each variable to range from the min of the two variables to the max of the two variables. I can work out the max value beforehand by ordering the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
2 Replies

4. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix distributions?

I'm new in the UNIX world. I'm just wondering what are the different examples of unix distributions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j3ff_skull
2 Replies
RPMKEYS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMKEYS(8)

NAME
rpmkeys - RPM Keyring SYNOPSIS
rpmkeys {--import|--checksig} DESCRIPTION
The general forms of rpm digital signature commands are rpmkeys --import PUBKEY ... rpmkeys {-K|--checksig} PACKAGE_FILE ... The --checksig option checks all the digests and signatures contained in PACKAGE_FILE to ensure the integrity and origin of the package. Note that signatures are now verified whenever a package is read, and --checksig is useful to verify all of the digests and signatures associated with a package. Digital signatures cannot be verified without a public key. An ASCII armored public key can be added to the rpm database using --import. An imported public key is carried in a header, and key ring management is performed exactly like package management. For example, all cur- rently imported public keys can be displayed by: rpm -qa gpg-pubkey* Details about a specific public key, when imported, can be displayed by querying. Here's information about the Red Hat GPG/DSA key: rpm -qi gpg-pubkey-db42a60e Finally, public keys can be erased after importing just like packages. Here's how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpmkeys --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMKEYS(8)