Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Packages of different distributions Post 58417 by avaurus on Sunday 21st of November 2004 11:36:49 AM
Old 11-21-2004
Quote:
To build a packages that works on ALL Slackware-10 boxes, you have to have a Slackware-10 install with absolutely no updates.
ok, thank you.

Quote:
As for a packages that is compatible for every distro, that is not going to happen.
of course not Smilie...

ok, all I wanted to know is answered, thank you.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix or Linux distributions for a PC

Hi all, I'd like to install either Unix or Linux on my PC and I don't know which way to go- I've tried with HP-UX 11.11 and it failed but I've heard that LInux is the fastest growing operating system in the world.I am asking you thus what sort of Linux distribution would be the best choice for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrian262
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

/etc/init.d available in all Linux distributions?

Hi All, I would just like to know if the /etc/init.d directory which is used to hold the start up scripts is available in all linux distributions? Are there any exceptions One more question Is the command chkconfig available in all Linux distributions and used in a similar fashions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurubarancse
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to calculate frequency distributions?

Hello, I'm trying to get lists of the frequency distributions for each of two variables (vars C and N in the examples). I'd like the distribution for each variable to range from the min of the two variables to the max of the two variables. I can work out the max value beforehand by ordering the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
2 Replies

4. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix distributions?

I'm new in the UNIX world. I'm just wondering what are the different examples of unix distributions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j3ff_skull
2 Replies
DB2_ESCAPE_STRING(3)							 1						      DB2_ESCAPE_STRING(3)

db2_escape_string - Used to escape certain characters

SYNOPSIS
string db2_escape_string (string $string_literal) DESCRIPTION
Prepends backslashes to special characters in the string argument. PARAMETERS
o $string_literal - The string that contains special characters that need to be modified. Characters that are prepended with a backslash are x00, , , , ', " and x1a. RETURN VALUES
Returns $string_literal with the special characters noted above prepended with backslashes. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A db2_escape_string(3) example Result of using the db2_escape_string(3) function <?php $conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password); if ($conn) { $str[0] = "All characters: x00 , , , , ' , " , x1a ."; $str[1] = "Backslash (). Single quote ('). Double quote (")"; $str[2] = "The NULL character must be quoted as well"; $str[3] = "Intersting characters: x1a , x00 ."; $str[4] = "Nothing to quote"; $str[5] = 200676; $str[6] = ""; foreach( $str as $string ) { echo "db2_escape_string: " . db2_escape_string($string). " "; } } ?> The above example will output: db2_escape_string: All characters: , , , \ , ' , " ,  . db2_escape_string: Backslash (\). Single quote ('). Double quote (") db2_escape_string: The NULL character must be quoted as well db2_escape_string: Intersting characters:  , . db2_escape_string: Nothing to quote db2_escape_string: 200676 db2_escape_string: SEE ALSO
db2_prepare(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_ESCAPE_STRING(3)