Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: binutills_2.15-4_i386.deb
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users binutills_2.15-4_i386.deb Post 58298 by PxT on Wednesday 17th of November 2004 02:58:44 PM
Old 11-17-2004
Which version of Debian are you using? 2.2.19 is not a valid release number (2.2 is, but that is *long* since outdated). The command
Code:
cat /etc/debian_version

will display your version number.

binutils-2.15-4 is not available for Debian stable. It is available for both testing and unstable. You may want to try "apt-get -f install" to correct your dependencies.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Can I let apt-get use prozilla to download deb

:thank (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: f33k4
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing deb packages from Ubuntu Server CD

Hi, I have mounted the Ubuntu server edition 10.10 ISO on my server under a directory media/servercd. I would like to install some services from this. I edited the sources.list file to say: deb file:/media/servercd maverick main restricted and it's properly mounted but when I try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to extract all deb files in a fldr to respective folderstructures

Hi, since half an hour I currently try to write a script that will: 1) Extract every debian file in a directory 2) Extracts it to a folder that matches the debians filename 3) Extracts it so the structure looks like that: DEBIANFILENAME | -------------- DEBIAN ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
9 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Install deb from alternate usb

I installed a command-line system ubuntu 12.04 from usb and that's work. I don't have a internet connection so what I have to install must come from the alternate usb until I can let work my wireless. I mount the usb to /media/cdrom but when I do sudo apt-get install xorg , then he ask me for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

> dpkg-deb to Extract and Reconstruct a Multipart Archive???

Greetings! Here's one which has been bugging me for a bit ;) As might be known, LibreOffice is available to some of us Linux folk as a large set of debs. Of course, being a curious sort, I'd like to dig in and recreate the original tree which is composed of these assorted archives. So, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinQ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting/RePackaging Deb Package

Here is the original absolute file paths for a working deb package called blah-amd64.deb: dpkg-deb -c blah-amd64.deb |less drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2014-12-02 09:48 ./ drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2014-12-02 09:48 ./usr/ drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2014-12-02 09:48 ./usr/share/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies
APT-CUDF-GET(8) 						    DOSE Tools							   APT-CUDF-GET(8)

NAME
apt-cudf-get - wrapper for calling apt-get with external solvers SYNOPSIS
apt-cudf-get [arguments] DESCRIPTION
apt-cudf-get is a wrapper that allows to invoke apt-get with external solvers while ignoring apt's pinning. All options are passed on to apt-get. Normally, apt uses so-called pinning to select a candidate version of a package in case there are several versions available. This also holds when calling apt-get with external solvers. However, when it is not possible to find a solution under this constraint, it may be useful to relax pinning and to allow the external solver to choose among all available versions of packages in order to satisfy dependencies, not only those that are selected by the pinning. This is precisely what apt-cudf-get does. Note that, when using an external solver, the proposed solution may contain any available version of the packages that are given as arguments to install on the command line without specifying a version qualifier. For example apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud install ocaml may propose to install any available version of ocaml, while apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud install ocaml=4.01.0 will only propose to install ocaml in version 4.01.0 AUTHOR
Pietro Abate and Roberto Di Cosmo BUGS
Not all types of arguements to apt are correctly treated by this wrapper, in particular not the +pkg and -pkg shorthands for installation and removal requests. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-cudf(1), apt-cudf.conf(5), update-cudf-solvers(8), README.cudf-solvers <file:///usr/share/doc/apt-cudf/README.cudf-solvers>, README.Debian <file:///usr/share/doc/apt-cudf/README.Debian> dose3 3.0.2 2012-06-25 APT-CUDF-GET(8)