Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: interactive startup..
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users interactive startup.. Post 58295 by PxT on Wednesday 17th of November 2004 02:52:31 PM
Old 11-17-2004
AIUI, programs like cpudyn, cpuspeed, etc help increase your battery life by reducing your processor power draw (speed) when not performing cpu-intensive tasks. You probably don't want to skip that one.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interactive Mode?

:confused: Can anyone please tell me how to get into Interactive Mode? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interactive patching?

I would like to ask if anyone knows of a Unix program that is like patch(1), but applies each diff interactively so I can decide on whether to apply a particular diff. This is my situation: someone has made certain changes to a file I created, sent me the modified copy and I would like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

non interactive vim

I wanna edit a file non-interactively using vim editor The file contains a line: ACTIVATIONCODE= I have a variable called ACT. I want to edit the file non-interactively using vim such that the concerned line is converted to: ACTIVATIONCODE=contents of the variable ACT ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-Interactive SFTP

Hi, I need to sftp from one Unix Server (source) to another (destination) (both SunOS) non-interactively. I did the following : 1) Generated public key in source server in $HOME/.ssh dir without giving any passphrase 2) Added the contents of the public key generated to authorized_keys2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script – if then

Hi, I am writing an interactive shell script (ksh) but I have no idea how I could make a condition on it : Variables : rep_config="${rep_tools}/_CONFIG" rep_config_old="${rep_config}/_PROTO_OLD" Here is the interactice part : lst_proto=$(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
2 Replies

8. Solaris

New interactive installation

I just took delivery of an Ultra Sparc 60 box. I tried to install Solaris 10 from the cdrom by issuing the following command at ok prompt: ok boot cdrom, and I am getting an error message that says: "Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:f File and args: can't open boot device. What am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijeoma
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies
PMSET(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  PMSET(1)

NAME
pmset -- modify power management settings SYNOPSIS
pmset [-a | -b | -c] [dim minutes] [spindown minutes] [sleep minutes] [womp 1/0] [ring 1/0] [autorestart 1/0] [dps 1/0] [reduce 1/0] [powerbutton 1/0] [lidwake 1/0] [acwake 1/0] [boot] pmset -g [disk | live | cap | sched] DESCRIPTION
pmset changes and reads power management settings such as idle sleep timing, wake on administrative access, automatic restart on power loss, etc. SETTING
The -a, -b, -c flags determine whether the settings apply to battery (-b), charger (wall power) (-c), or all (-a). Use a minutes argument of 0 to set the idle time to never. pmset must be run as root. The boot argument tells power management that system bootup is complete. Loginwindow handles this on a normal Mac OS X system. GETTING
The -g flag outputs the settings currently in use (same as -g live ). -g disk will tell you the settings on disk. -g cap will tell you which power management features the machine supports. -g sched will show scheduled startup/wake and shutdown/sleep events. ARGUMENTS
dim - display dim timer (value in minutes) spindown - disk spindown timer (value in minutes) sleep - system sleep timer (value in minutes) womp - wake on ethernet magic packet (value = 0/1) ring - wake on modem ring (value = 0/1) autorestart - automatic restart on power loss (value = 0/1) dps - dynamically change processor speed based on load (value = 0/1) reduce - reduce processor speed (value = 0/1) powerbutton - sleep the machine when power button is pressed (value = 0/1) lidwake - wake the machine when the laptop lid(or clamshell) is opened (value = 0/1) acwake - wake the machine when power source (AC/battery) is changed (value = 0/1) OTHER ARGUMENTS
These arguments don't directly affect power management settings: boot - tell the kernel that system boot is complete EXAMPLES
pmset -b dim 5 pmset -a dim 10 spindown 10 sleep 30 womp 1 pmset -g live FILES
All changes made through pmset are saved in a persistent preferences file (per-system, not per-user) at /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist pmset modifies the same file that System Preferences Energy Saver modifies. Darwin August 19, 2002 Darwin