Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: link error problem
Operating Systems Linux link error problem Post 58280 by bhargav on Wednesday 17th of November 2004 08:15:23 AM
Old 11-17-2004
g++296 -c ReadFile.cpp -o ReadFile.o
g++296 ReadFile.o test.cpp -o test.o

Where are u compiling test.cpp ???

i guess u need to compile test.cpp the way u are doing for ReadFile.cpp.

g++296 -c test.cpp -o test.o

create test.o

and try to create binary "test" by linking with test.o and ReadFile.o

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc Link problem

I have some crypting functions in object-file - for example,func.o Main file,from where crypting functions called, named as main.cpp . "gcc main.cpp -o main func.o" print "undefined reference to ... " But if I rename main.cpp to main.c and execute "gcc main.c -o main func.o" - ok. If anybody,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gigachel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp Link problem

I am using ftp services at my unix box and accessing it from windows. when i am giving the url in the browser, ftp://neeraj:neeraj@10.1.3.116/cat01/Ne.txt it is giving me ISA Server: extended error message : 200 Type set to I. 200 PORT command successful. 550 /cat01/Ne.txt: No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeerajYadav
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with link creation!!!!

I have a home directory namely /pto/ppa/ridbmw/etl/ Now i have various directorys below the home directory. For eg from the home directory if i say cd /roddata it changes to that directory. I think its kind of link (I don't know if it's hard or soft). Now i need to create a new directory and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Sym Link problem

Hi, I am using Mac X 10.5. It's supporting BSD. I am getting strange problem. • Launch the terminal. • Create a directory. Use cd <directory> • Now create another directory test with command “mkdir test”. • Create a soft link with command “ln -s text.txt test” • Go to the test directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

5. BSD

sym link problem

Hi, I am using Mac X 10.5. It's supporting BSD. I am getting strange problem. • Launch the terminal. • Create a directory. Use cd <directory> • Now create another directory test with command “mkdir test”. • Create a soft link with command “ln -s text.txt test” • Go to the test directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Soft link/file name problem

I want to find graphic files on an external disk then create soft links to those files in a folder on my machine. I have a problem with file names: if there are two graphic files in different directories but with the same file name, a link is created only for the first file i.e the 2nd file is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
4 Replies

7. Solaris

SUNW, hme0: Link Down - Cable problem

Ultra E150 Solaris 2.5.1 Oracle server. was working fine, then started losing network connection. I can see in messages file that it was complaining about another device using its ip address. Though not any longer, though I wonder if that was a red herring. My IT guys have now re-reserved its ip... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlSmith1964
29 Replies

8. Linux

Link command problem

Hello, I have one issue with linking folders. I have two domains (domain1 and domain2) on one server (centOS). In domain1, I have one folder containing many images which I want to share for domain2. So i have created link for image directory using below command. ln -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitshah.in
1 Replies
DTRACE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DTRACE(1)

NAME
dtrace - Dtrace compatibile user application static probe generation tool. SYNOPSIS
dtrace -s file [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The dtrace command converts probe descriptions defined in file.d into a probe header file via the -h option or a probe description file via the -G option. OPTIONS
-h generate a systemtap header file. -G generate a systemtap probe definition object file. -o file is the name of the output file. If the -G option is given then the output file will be called file.o; if the -h option is given then the output file will be called file.h. -C run the cpp preprocessor on the input file when the -h option is given. -I file give this include path to cpp when the -C option is given. -k keep temporary files, for example the C language source for the -G option. --types generate probe argument typedef information when the -h option is given. EXAMPLES
Systemtap is source compatible with dtrace user application static probe support. Given a file test.d containing: provider sdt_probes { probe test_0 (int type); probe test_1 (struct astruct node); }; struct astruct {int a; int b;}; Then the command "dtrace -s test.d -G" will create the probe definition file test.o and the command "dtrace -s test.d -h" will create the probe header file test.h Subsequently the application can define probes using #include "test.h" ... struct astruct s; ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_0(value); ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_1(s); The application is linked with "test.o" when it is built. SEE ALSO
stap(1) stappaths(7) DTRACE(1)