Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: weird stuff
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions weird stuff Post 58235 by Karma on Tuesday 16th of November 2004 10:05:09 AM
Old 11-16-2004
The system probably uses that pseudo-PnP technology for autodetecting processor types and voltages and whatnot. The upgrade may recognise the proc as something it's not and therefore communicate that to Windows. In the BIOS/CMOS setup, there should be a place to manually reconfigure clock speed and voltages. That is, of course, if you don't like the added boost Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple stuff.

I hacked my TIVO a few months ago. I made a computer specifically for this, but I only used a UNIX boot disk to get all the TIVO goodies to work. I am intersted in getting some version of UNIX on this machine and getting it onto my network. I only want to do some simple file transfers, maybe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IamJAWA
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A schoolboyish stuff

Hi , This is a pretty simple sed command i found when i was checking out one of the codes of my colleague . sed -e 's/\*.*\) \(\ <1*e\ >\) \(*.*\)/\2/' When i tried this on a few text files it was displaying the entire line. If this was to display entire line why sweat out on a sed . Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with monitoring stuff

Hi, I am trying to write a script to do monitoring kind of stuff, requirement - when a server is given a start it updates a file called server.log, I need to keep on grepping the word "Running" and as soon as it comes , script should be exited with the message , "Server came up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk stuff

Hi, My input file data will be |ABCD|EFGH|IJKL|MNOP |ABCD|EF\|GH|IJKL|MNOP I am expecting output , |"ABCD"|"EFGH"|"IJKL"|"MNOP" |"ABCD"|"EF|GH"|"IJKL"|"MNOP" Note : The change basically the pipe deilmited file does contain | as value for some of the column but | will come with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
8 Replies

5. Programming

More Arduino Stuff...

HI all... (Apologies for any typos.) To add to Neo's Arduino subject matter I have decided to upload this in ".zip" format. Ignore "*.info" files these are AMIGA icons only and also the "HAM" drawer as these are photos in ancient AMIGA HAM modes. I have noticed that there are current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
6 Replies
PNP(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    PNP(4)

NAME
pnp -- support for ``Plug and Play'' (PnP) ISA devices DESCRIPTION
The pnp driver enumerates ISA devices which support ``Plug and Play ISA Specification'' in the system. It assigns ISA bus resources (inter- rupt line, DMA channel, I/O ports, and memory region) to each device and activates it. If it cannot assign necessary resources to a PnP ISA device without causing conflict with other devices in the system, the device will not be activated and will be unavailable to programs. CAVEATS
It is not possible to disable individual PnP ISA devices. The pnp driver will find all devices conforming the PnP ISA specification and try to activate them all. There is no way to explicitly assign particular resource to the PnP ISA device. The resource assignment is fully automatic and there is no provision for manual override. SEE ALSO
pnpbios(4) STANDARDS
Intel and Microsoft, Plug and Play ISA Specification, Version 1.0a, May 5, 1994. Clarifications to the Plug and Play ISA Specification, Version 1.0a, December 10, 1994. HISTORY
The pnp driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.5. It has been substantially updated in subsequent versions. AUTHORS
PnP support was originally written for FreeBSD 2.2.5 by Luigi Rizzo, based on initial work done by Sujal Patel. BSD
September 20, 2001 BSD