Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to get amount of memory installed. Post 5821 by Prafulla on Friday 24th of August 2001 07:04:27 AM
Old 08-24-2001
hi

sorry

its /usr/platform/{platform name}/sbin/prtdiag
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Amount of RAM (Memory)

How do i check/get the total amount of RAM, on a machine running UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudimu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

amount of memory in my server

Hi all, is there any command that i can execute to find out the size of the harddisk and RAM on my server? Because i am not the SA, i do not have access to such infomation. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the amount of memory consumed per user

Hi, under UNIX AIX how determine the amount of memory consumed per user ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. Linux

shmat() Failure While Using a Large Amount of Shared Memory

Hi, I'm developing a data processing pipeline with multiple stages, with data being moved between the stages using shared memory segments. The size of the data is typically of the order of hundreds of megabytes, and there are typically a few tens of main shared memory segments each of size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theicarusagenda
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Installed memory ≠ usable size?

I was configuring my BIOS after installing 2 GB of RAM, and I saw this: System memory Installed size : 4096MB Usable size : 3584MBI have a 64-bit OS (Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit), so does that mean the motherboard (ASUS M3A78-T) doesn't support more than 4 GB of addressing? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
23 Replies

6. AIX

amount of memory allocated to large page

We just set up a system to use large pages. I want to know if there is a command to see how much of the memory is being used for large pages. For example if we have a system with 8GB of RAm assigned and it has been set to use 4GB for large pages is there a command to show that 4GB of the *GB is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User perl to get memory installed in a machine

I currently have a statistics gathering script i run on my Linux servers. One of the stat i gather is total memory in the machine. The script is all perl with the exception of gathering the memory for that i use the following command: $ram = (`cat /proc/meminfo | grep "MemTotal" | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

8. Solaris

T5220 How to determine physical memory installed?

Hi, looking to upgrade memory on a pair of T5220's from 32GB to 64GB. Cannot determine current DIMM size and slots used. i.e. not sure if Qty 16 x 2GB or Qty 8 x 4GB. If there are no empty slots, i need to go with higher density DIMMs and retire exsisting the 2GB prtdiag follows. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrew
3 Replies

9. AIX

Installed Memory 32GB but shows only 16GB

Hello facing this problem in VIOS installed memory shows 32GB Installed system memory: 32 GB (32768 MB) Configurable system memory: 16 GB (16384 MB) Current memory available: 2.23 GB (2288 MB) Pending memory available: 2.23 GB (2288 MB) Reserved firmware memory: 560 MB ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
prtdiag(1M)                                                                                                                            prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)