Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers X Post 582 by traxion on Friday 15th of December 2000 11:43:37 AM
Old 12-15-2000
Question

I'm having trouble using the X command to attach as a GUI console to my Solaris 8 Machines. This occurres on both the Solaris8 for intel and for sparc. When I run the command

# /usr/openwin/bin/X -query Host-ip
or
# /usr/openwin/bin/X -indirect Host-ip

I get the following message:

Fatal server error:
Server already running !!!

There is no problem attaching to these machines from a Linux box using the same command.

Can someone point me in the correct direction? or maybe a good source of info on X?

thanX

dxhosts(8)						      System Manager's Manual							dxhosts(8)

NAME
dxhosts - Provides host management capabilities for local and remote hosts SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxhosts OPTIONS
Host Manager accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line options, which are documented in the OPTIONS section of the X(1X) reference page. DESCRIPTION
Use the Host Manager application, dxhosts, to: Add or delete a host from the list of preferred hosts Enable or disable X Window System(TM) access for all or selected hosts Start applications on a remote host The Host Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin FILES
Defaults that are shared by the graphical and command line user interfaces Host Manager application executable Host Manager help volume Directory containing Host Manager application icons Application defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources Host Manager message catalog Message catalog containing Host manager location IDs for on-item help i18n_motif_shared_text.cat Message catalog containing application-independent messages i18n_motif_shared_text_LocIds.cat Message catalog containing application-independent location IDs for on-item help SEE ALSO
Commands: ftp(1), rcp(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), xhost(1X) Files: hostname(5), hosts(4), hosts.equiv(4), protocols(4), dxhosts(8)