Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep - multiple positions
Operating Systems AIX grep - multiple positions Post 58199 by zazzybob on Monday 15th of November 2004 05:57:39 PM
Old 11-15-2004
Maybe you could post your solution to the problem so that others with similar issues can benefit from your experience Smilie

Cheers
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script replace positions if certain positions equal prescribed value

I am attempting to replace positions 44-46 with YYY if positions 48-50 = XXX. awk -F "" '{if (substr($0,48,3)=="XXX") $44="YYY"}1' OFS="" $filename > $tempfile But this is not working, 44-46 is still spaces in my tempfile instead of YYY. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: halplessProblem
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do you [e]grep for multiple values within multiple files?

Hi I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I ran out of caffeine/talent before getting the answer in a long winded alternate way (don't ask ;) ) The task I was trying to do was scan a directory of files and show only files that contained 3 values: I940 5433309 2181 I tried many variations... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callumw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple strings in multiple files

Hi, every one! I have a file with multiple strings. file1 ATQRGNE ASQGVKFTE ASSQYRDRGGLET SPEQGARSDE ASSRDFTDT ASSYSGGYE ASSYTRLWNTGE ASQGHNTD PSLGGGNQPQH SLDRDSYNEQF I want to grep each string in hundreds of files in the same directory, further, I want to find out the string... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restore files from tape with multiple positions

I have lots of tapes where files got written to X amount of positions per tape. Is there a way to restore all files on the tape regardless of position ID? Right now to restore files in the first position I do mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf 1 tar -xvf /dev/nst0 I'd really like if there was a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple positions in records which match crireria

I have a test file a.txt 001 123 456 789 002 This is just a 001 test data 003 file. I want to clear columns 5 and 6 if the first 3 characters are 001 using awk. I tried following but does not work. Any suggestions? awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=""} {if (substr($0,1,3)=="123") $5=" "; $6="... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
20 Replies
XmTabListReplacePositions(library call) 								   XmTabListReplacePositions(library call)

NAME
XmTabListReplacePositions -- A convenience function that creates a new tab list with replacement tabs SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListReplacePositions( XmTabList oldlist, Cardinal *position_list, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListReplacePositions creates a new tab list that contains the contents of oldlist, but with the tabs at the positions in position_list replaced with copies of the corresponding tabs in tabs. A warning message is displayed if a specified position is invalid; for example, if the value is a number greater than the number of tabs in the tab list. This function deallocates the original tab list after extracting the required information. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using the XmTabFree function. oldlist Specifies the tab list. The function deallocates the tab list after extracting the required information. position_list Specifies an array of positions of the tabs to be replaced. The position of the first tab is 0 (zero), the position of the second tab is 1, and so on. tabs Specifies an array of the replacement tabs. tab_count Specifies the number of elements in position_list and tabs. RETURN
If tabs, oldlist, or position_list is NULL, or tab_count is 0 (zero), returns oldlist. Otherwise, this function returns the new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The applica- tion can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3). XmTabListReplacePositions(library call)