Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: interactive startup..
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users interactive startup.. Post 58176 by moxxx68 on Monday 15th of November 2004 03:56:49 PM
Old 11-15-2004
interactive startup..

i have used the interactive startup in the past on my system to skip wireless mode when I am somewhere out of range of the internet and and have only the 2hrs battery lifetime and no place to connect my laptop to the mains.. i usually skip isdn and networking. what I would like to know is how would put to use the inetractive startup to more efficiently run my system as in the example above.. . more precisely if i were to use the interactive startup more often and for other functions how would I most benefit from using this..
cpuspeed for example... if I am on battery and not using wireless would skipping cpuspeed maximize battey life?
any feedback welcome
moxxx68

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interactive Mode?

:confused: Can anyone please tell me how to get into Interactive Mode? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interactive patching?

I would like to ask if anyone knows of a Unix program that is like patch(1), but applies each diff interactively so I can decide on whether to apply a particular diff. This is my situation: someone has made certain changes to a file I created, sent me the modified copy and I would like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

non interactive vim

I wanna edit a file non-interactively using vim editor The file contains a line: ACTIVATIONCODE= I have a variable called ACT. I want to edit the file non-interactively using vim such that the concerned line is converted to: ACTIVATIONCODE=contents of the variable ACT ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-Interactive SFTP

Hi, I need to sftp from one Unix Server (source) to another (destination) (both SunOS) non-interactively. I did the following : 1) Generated public key in source server in $HOME/.ssh dir without giving any passphrase 2) Added the contents of the public key generated to authorized_keys2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script – if then

Hi, I am writing an interactive shell script (ksh) but I have no idea how I could make a condition on it : Variables : rep_config="${rep_tools}/_CONFIG" rep_config_old="${rep_config}/_PROTO_OLD" Here is the interactice part : lst_proto=$(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
2 Replies

8. Solaris

New interactive installation

I just took delivery of an Ultra Sparc 60 box. I tried to install Solaris 10 from the cdrom by issuing the following command at ok prompt: ok boot cdrom, and I am getting an error message that says: "Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:f File and args: can't open boot device. What am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijeoma
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies
BATTERY-STATS(5)						File Formats Manual						  BATTERY-STATS(5)

NAME
battery-stats - collected battery statistics DESCRIPTION
The battery-stats contains statistics about battery charge over time, as collected by the battery-stats-collector (8) daemon. FORMAT
Each line in the file represents one sample and is of the form: <seconds> <charge%> <powermode> <UTC-date> <UTC-time> separated by spaces and terminated by a newline. Where: seconds is the number of seconds since 1st Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC charge% is the battery charge a number between 0 and 100 powermode indicates the power mode: 0 A/C off 1 On battery 2 On backup power UTC-date a human-readable date in the format YYYY/MM/DD. Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. UTC-time a human-readable time in the format HH:MM:SS (using a 24-hour clock). Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone. minutes-left is the BIOS estimate of how many minutes of running time the battery would provide. This may be unreliable, depending on the BIOS through which it was collected. EXAMPLE
A battery under charge might result in the following samples: 1032651245 27 1 2002/09/21 23:34:05 94 1032651275 28 1 2002/09/21 23:34:35 97 1032651305 29 1 2002/09/21 23:35:05 100 1032651335 30 1 2002/09/21 23:35:35 103 1032651365 30 1 2002/09/21 23:36:05 106 FILES
The default set-up is to save battery statistics in /var/log and rotate the logs weekly, which results in this set of files: /var/log/battery-stats - current (most recent) statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+ - less recent statistics /var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+.gz - ancient statistics SEE ALSO
battery-graph(1), battery-stats-collector(8). AUTHOR
Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com> September 23, 2002 BATTERY-STATS(5)