Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: append field to file(nawk)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting append field to file(nawk) Post 58127 by axl on Sunday 14th of November 2004 03:41:21 PM
Old 11-14-2004
Thanx, both these scripts have worked!

I prefer the last one since I get to name files at the command prompt.

gurus u are, u guys!

___
Axl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a field to the end of each line of a file based on searching another file.

Hi All, I have two comma separated value(CSV) files, say FileA and FileB. The contents looks like that shown below. FileA EmpNo,Name,Age,Sex, 1000,ABC,23,M, 1001,DES,24,F, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimate
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append tabs at the end of each line in NAWK -- varying fields

Hi, I need some help in knowing how I can append tabs at the end of each line... The data looks something like this: field1, field2, field3, field4 1 2 3 4 5 I have values in field1 and field 2 in the first row and I would like to append tab on field3 and field4 for the first row..and in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help counting the fields and field separators using Nawk

I need help counting the fields and field separators using Nawk. I have a file that has multiple lines on it and I need to read the file 1 at a time and then count the fields and field separators and then store those numbers in variables. I then need to delete the first 5 fields and the blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrappycc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (nawk) field separator

Hi; i have a file and i want to get; - If the last word in line 14 is NOT equal to "Set."; then print 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th values of 3rd line. and my code is: nawk 'NR==14 {if ($NF!="Set.") (NR==3{print $2,$3,$4,$5}) }' file.txt but no result?? :confused::(:confused::( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append 1st field from a file into 2nd field of another file

Hi, I've internally searched through forums for about 2+ hours. Unfortunately, with no luck. Although I've found some cases close to mine below, but didn't help so much. Actually, I'm in short with time. So I had to post my case. Hoping that you can help. I have 2 files, FILE1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amurib
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare a common field in two files and append a column from File 1 in File2

Hi Friends, I am new to Shell Scripting and need your help in the below situation. - I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - "Application handle" is the common field in both the files. (NOTE :- PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENT "Compare files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append column using awk/nawk

Is there any way I can achieve this? Considering test1 : a 1 2 3 4 b 2 3 4 5 c 12 1232 14 1 d 10 13 4 5 e 1 5 6 9 1 And test to be some string : qw twe tew we qw I want something like this : a 1 2 qw 4 b 2 3 twe 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk One Liner to Count Field Combinations

I have text files, fields separated by commas, and there are 115 fields. I need to use nawk to look at each line, if field $4==10, then count how many times the combination of field $5 and field $11 occur in the file. I tried the following: nawk -F, '{if($4==10){tg++;cd++,tgcd++}}END{for(i in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: he204035
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies
NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)						     Net-SNMP						       NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)

NAME
send_easy_trap, send_trap_vars, send_v2trap - send TRAPs or INFORMs from a Net-SNMP MIB module SYNOPSIS
#include <net-snmp/agent/agent_trap.h> void send_easy_trap(int trap, int specific); void send_trap_vars(int trap, int specific, struct variable_list *vars); void send_v2trap(struct variable_list *vars); DESCRIPTION
These three routines may be used to send traps from a MIB module within the Net-SNMP agent (including an AgentX subagent). send_easy_trap() sends an SNMPv1 trap (or the SNMPv2 equivalent) to the list of configured trap destinations (or "sinks"), using the pro- vided values for the generic trap type, and specific trap value. send_trap_vars() is similar, but appends the supplied list of variable bindings to the traps that are sent. send_v2trap() uses the supplied list of variable bindings to form an SNMPv2 trap, which is sent to SNMPv2-capable sinks on the configured list. An equivalent INFORM is sent to the configuredq list of inform sinks. Sinks that can only handle SNMPv1 traps are skipped. The various "send_trap()" calls allow you to specify traps in different formats. And the various "trapsink" directives allow you to spec- ify destinations to receive different formats. But *all* traps are sent to *all* destinations, regardless of how they were specified. I.e. it's ___ trapsink / send_easy_trap ___ [ Trap ] ____ trap2sink ___ [ Generator ] send_v2trap / [ ] ----- informsink ____ trapsess *Not* send_easy_trap -------------------> trapsink send_v2trap -------------------> trap2sink ???? -------------------> informsink ???? -------------------> trapsess WARNINGS
These routines are used to send the traps immediately they are called. Invoking them at the appropriate time is left to the MIB module programmer. SEE ALSO
snmpd.conf(5), snmptrapd(8) V5.6 13 Aug 2010 NETSNMP_TRAP_API(3)