Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: touch pad not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers touch pad not working Post 58044 by moxxx68 on Friday 12th of November 2004 09:54:02 AM
Old 11-12-2004
hp pavillion za5300
i look at the first thread and i hate to say it i don't have the manual
i looked at the second thread and XFConfig doesn't exist on my system
and the third one I am not sure what to down load and I am really stuck..
moxxx68

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

number pad?

Is there anyway to use the fr*$%& number pad in VI? Anyway? Anyway at all? All it does now random movements and inserts of characters (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonenzo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad spaces

Hello, I have to write a function to input a Label and a number, and output a line as the following format: Column 1 to 30: field label, left justified. Column 31 to 45: A number, right justified. The middle is padded with space. May I know how can I achieve this? (I don't know how to count... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahho
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad Zeros

Hi can I know command to pad Zeros to a value I get 16 and I need to send 0000000016 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad

Hi All I need a pad a . to befoure a last digi ex 1258 --> 125.8 help to do thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate "touch" bash script not working.

#!/bin/bash -i SAVEIFS=$IFS IFS=$"\n\b" picc=$* if ; then echo $TDATE if ; then touch dummy touch -t "tdate" dummy touch -r "dummy" "$picc" else echo -e "No mod date value to apply. If there is one in your shell,\ninvoke \eStarted asking advice on this (on Linuxquestions.org).... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamwrong
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pad 0 to the right

I need to pad 0 to a number on the right. to make it 9 digit in total. My number is 2457 output should be 245700000 Please do wrap your samples/codes into CODE TAGS as per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
3 Replies
synclient(1)						      General Commands Manual						      synclient(1)

NAME
synclient - commandline utility to query and modify Synaptics driver options. SYNOPSIS
synclient [-m interval] synclient [-hlV?] [var1=value1 [var2=value2] ...] DESCRIPTION
This program lets you change your Synaptics TouchPad driver for XOrg/XFree86 server parameters while X is running. For the -m and -h options, SHM must be enabled by setting the option SHMConfig "on" in your XOrg/XFree86 configuration. OPTIONS
-m interval monitor changes to the touchpad state. Interval specifies how often (in ms) to poll the touchpad state. Whenever a change in the touchpad state is detected, one line of output is generated that describes the current state of the touchpad. This option is only available in SHM mode. The following data is included in the output. time Time in seconds since the logging was started. x,y The x/y coordinates of the finger on the touchpad. The origin is in the upper left corner. z The "pressure" value. Pressing the finger harder on the touchpad typically produces a larger value. Note that most touch- pads don't measure the real pressure though. Instead, capacitance is usually measured, which is correlated to the contact area between the finger and the touchpad. Since more pressure usually means a larger contact area, the reported pressure value is at least indirectly related to the real pressure. f The number of fingers currently touching the touchpad. Note that only some touchpads can report more than one finger. Gen- erally, synaptics touchpads can, but ALPS touchpads can't. w The w value is a measurement of the finger width. This is only supported by some synaptics touchpads. Touchpads that can't measure the finger width typically report a faked constant value when a finger is touching the touchpad. l,r,u,d,m,multi The state of the left, right, up, down, middle and multi buttons. Zero means not pressed, one means pressed. Not all touch- pads have all these buttons. If a button doesn't exist, the value is always reported as 0. -l List current user settings. This is the default if no option is given. -V Print version number and exit. -? Show the help message. var=value Set user parameter var to value. FILES
/etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 EXAMPLES
To disable EdgeMotionSpeed: synclient EdgeMotionSpeed=0 To monitor touchpad events (requires SHM): synclient -m 100 AUTHORS
Peter Osterlund <petero2@telia.com> and many others. This man page was written by Mattia Dongili <malattia@debian.org> SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), syndaemon(1), synaptics(4) X Version 11 xf86-input-synaptics 1.6.2 synclient(1)