Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE How do I load kernel modules so BestCrypt will work Post 58009 by CTroxtell21 on Thursday 11th of November 2004 06:30:49 PM
Old 11-11-2004
How do I load kernel modules so BestCrypt will work

I'm using SuSE 9.2 Pro and trying to use a program call BestCrypt. I get it installed and type bctool and it says "Kernel modules not loaded". If you need to know anymore about it you can find it at http://www.jetico.com/linux/bcrypt-help/index.htm

linux:/home/chris/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2 # bctool
Kernel modules not loaded

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Information about kernel modules

Hi all, what do kernel modules libaudit, klog and strlog do? Specifically I want to determine if it was possible for us to determine if kernel level auditing is enabled at all? regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
0 Replies

2. Programming

HELP!!: CPU resource allocation between kernel modules and user mode process

Hi,all: I run my program which consists of one kernel module and one user mode process on a dual core server. The problem here is the kernel module consumes 100% of one core while the user mode process only consumes 10% of the other core, is there any solution that I can assign some computing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neyshule
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel Modules Not geting built

I installed in VM the Mandriva Linux with 2.6.27 kernel. But presently when I fire make the modules .ko does not get built. I get the following output on firing command in the kernel module folder. $ make Building first_driver.c ... make: Entering directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

4. Programming

Debugging Linux Kernel Modules

I am aware of debugging linux applications using gdb and ddd. Now I have written a simple kernel module having init_module, exit _module and some functions for tasklets and workqueues. I want to debug these kernel modules like I used to debug applications setting breakpoints etc. How can I debug... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Linux: passing parameters to kernel modules

Hi, I need to set qlogic qla2xxx parameters in /etc/modprobe.conf (Oracle Linux Server release 5.7, almost equal to RedHat 5.7) two questions: how can I pass this parameters to the module while it is loaded (fibre channel luns are in use), if possible at all and how can I check the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux kernel modules makefiles doubts

This query is regarding the makefiles of linux kernel modules. I saw at some sites on net it is suggesting to include the following path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /usr/src/linux... while at some places it is askibg to include /lib/modules path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /lib/modules/2.6.27-7-generic/build... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Linux Kernel Modules

Hey everyone. I have a question, doing an lsmod gives me a list of all the loaded modules for my system. But how did they know to load? my /etc/modules files is empty, so how did these modules know to load themselves on boot time? If I were to take this hard drive to another computer with a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
6 Replies

8. Linux

Disable loading kernel modules

Hi, I am running CentOS 6.5 and I want to remove auto loading 8021q and garp modules, but there are no configure files in /etc/modprobe.d define bot modules. I even added both module names to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, both of them are still loaded after the reboot. How can I disable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Missing Modules After Compiling Kernel

I'm a little embarrassed after all these years I've never really successfully compiled my own kernel. I used this guide to make the following files: linux-headers-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-image-5.1.9_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb linux-libc-dev_5.1.9-1_amd64.deb When I first booted into this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies
PMINST(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						PMINST(1p)

NAME
pminst - find modules whose names match this pattern SYNOPSIS
pminst [-s] [-l] [pattern] DESCRIPTION
Without argumnets, show the names of all installed modules. Given a pattern, show all module names that match it. The -l flag will show the full pathname. The -s flag will separate the base directory from @INC from the module portion itself. EXAMPLES
$ pminst (lists all installed modules) $ pminst Carp CGI::Carp Carp $ pminst ^IO:: IO::Socket::INET IO::Socket::UNIX IO::Select IO::Socket IO::Poll IO::Handle IO::Pipe IO::Seekable IO::Dir IO::File $ pminst '(?i)io' IO::Socket::INET IO::Socket::UNIX IO::Select IO::Socket IO::Poll IO::Handle IO::Pipe IO::Seekable IO::Dir IO::File IO Pod::Functions The -s flag provides output with the directory separated by a space: $ pminst -s | sort +1 (lists all modules, sorted by name, but with where they came from) $ oldperl -S pminst -s IO /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::File /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Handle /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Pipe /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Seekable /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Select /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Socket /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl LWP::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl LWP::TkIO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl Tk::HTML::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl Tk::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Stringy /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Wrap /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::ScalarArray /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Scalar /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Lines /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::WrapTie /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::AtomicFile The -l flag gives full paths: $ filsperl -S pminst -l Thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Queue.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Semaphore.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Signal.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Specific.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread.pm AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PMINST(1p)