Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with comp built for Linux.. Post 57998 by norsk hedensk on Thursday 11th of November 2004 04:02:03 PM
Old 11-11-2004
the moniter actually gets no power? no light, no clicking sound, no nothing?

sounds like a hardware problem not a software problem.

and what locustfurnace said about old software not working with new hardware, in this case it is not always true.

if its for an x86 arch. it should work. ive had few problems getting old versions of linux to work on up to date machines. i am not saying that he is wrong, just that his statements were too general for you to regard them as an end all be all explanation for why your system isnt working.

id try another monitor on that box.

Quote:
Look for signs of the bios working, by the beeps or if you have a Optical mouse, if the mouse lights up. Not the surest sign, but it should give alittle clue.
yes, any sign at all that the computer IS booting?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

comp hardware comparing

www.insaen.nl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk8parkinsaen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

COMP-3 File transmission

Guys, i need to transfer a file which contains both display and comp-3 fields from unix to mainframe. Cyberfusion , FTP doesn't work since they treat display and comp-3 fields same. Any Solution in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks, Sharif.S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharifhere
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comp-3 conversion possible with Shell Scripting or PERL?

I guess the subject asks it all, but I am wondering (before I go and code a COBOL module) if conversion of regular ASCII data to COMP-3 is possible on a UNIX environment (AIX 5.1)? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Dave (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfran1972
13 Replies

4. HP-UX

Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00..problem with make

make --version in parent server ( server in france) gives me the below information GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath. Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00 Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

5. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

6. AIX

Problem in ftpying the datasets containing comp values to AIX from mainframe

Hi, When i am trying to ftp COBOL generated data sets which contain comp values to AIX in ASCII mode. the comp values are getting corrupted. If i ftp the data set in binary mode it is working properly, but for this i have to change some compiler options in the COBOL. Also if i want to use the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar gajjala
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash built-in

Is there any command or VARIABLE in unix to display only bash builtin commands?. Some days back I worked on that, but now I do not remember. Can anyone please reply for this?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Desktop System with no built in video card on linux

hi I would like to ask some of the expert advice on my propose project. I going to assemble a high end desktop system before i quit my job. I had a laptop with linux and win7 pro for just incase bored and need some spare time gaming with nice graphics. My plan is to assemble a i7 processor model... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies

9. Hardware

mobo with built-in ssd and linux

hi, thinking of building a system around this mobo: GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD. this has an ssd built-in to the mobo that serves as a cache for the sata drives. does linux have a chance of working on this? or is it going to get confused. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtayek
6 Replies
BOOTCD(1)							   bootcd utils 							 BOOTCD(1)

NAME
bootcdflopcp - copy changes made after booting from bootcd to floppy SYNOPSIS
bootcdflopcp [-v] [-d <device>] DESCRIPTION
bootcdflopcp will copy changes made in ram to the floppy disk. bootcdflopcp will be available as soon as your system is running from cd. The floppy has to have a filesystem already. (See mke2fs or mformat). If you have to boot from floppy, because your cd-drive or bios does not support to boot from cd a msdos filesystem is used to run syslinux. When bootcdflopcp is called it searches for differences between RAM and CD. For each different file, it checks if it is listed in the files ignore, remove or change on floppy. If it is listed in change it will be saved to change.tgz on floppy. If it is listed in remove the file will be removed from ram next boot time. If it is listed in ignore it will be ignored. If it is not listed at all you will be interactively asked what to do. OPTIONS
-v The option "-v" (verbose) adds messages on running. -d <device> Use another device instead of "/dev/fd0" to save changes. FILES
FLOPPY:/remove If a file is listed here the file will be deleted from ram next boot time. FLOPPY:/change If a file is listed here bootcdflopcp will save it in change.tgz. FLOPPY:/ignore If a file is listed here bootcdflopcp will ignore changes to this file. FLOPPY:/change.tgz Here all changed files are stored in gzipped tar format. SEE ALSO
bootcd(1), bootcd2disk(1), bootcdwrite(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bernd Schumacher <bernd.schumacher@hp.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Wed Feb 23 00:00:00 EET 2000 BOOTCD(1)