Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with comp built for Linux.. Post 57991 by Tony Empire on Thursday 11th of November 2004 01:41:30 PM
Old 11-11-2004
Question? How can I tell if the bios is starting up without the monitors?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

comp hardware comparing

www.insaen.nl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk8parkinsaen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

COMP-3 File transmission

Guys, i need to transfer a file which contains both display and comp-3 fields from unix to mainframe. Cyberfusion , FTP doesn't work since they treat display and comp-3 fields same. Any Solution in this regard will be appreciated. Thanks, Sharif.S (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharifhere
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comp-3 conversion possible with Shell Scripting or PERL?

I guess the subject asks it all, but I am wondering (before I go and code a COBOL module) if conversion of regular ASCII data to COMP-3 is possible on a UNIX environment (AIX 5.1)? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Dave (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfran1972
13 Replies

4. HP-UX

Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00..problem with make

make --version in parent server ( server in france) gives me the below information GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath. Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00 Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

5. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

6. AIX

Problem in ftpying the datasets containing comp values to AIX from mainframe

Hi, When i am trying to ftp COBOL generated data sets which contain comp values to AIX in ASCII mode. the comp values are getting corrupted. If i ftp the data set in binary mode it is working properly, but for this i have to change some compiler options in the COBOL. Also if i want to use the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar gajjala
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash built-in

Is there any command or VARIABLE in unix to display only bash builtin commands?. Some days back I worked on that, but now I do not remember. Can anyone please reply for this?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
4 Replies

8. Hardware

Desktop System with no built in video card on linux

hi I would like to ask some of the expert advice on my propose project. I going to assemble a high end desktop system before i quit my job. I had a laptop with linux and win7 pro for just incase bored and need some spare time gaming with nice graphics. My plan is to assemble a i7 processor model... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies

9. Hardware

mobo with built-in ssd and linux

hi, thinking of building a system around this mobo: GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD. this has an ssd built-in to the mobo that serves as a cache for the sata drives. does linux have a chance of working on this? or is it going to get confused. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtayek
6 Replies
AMDTEMP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						AMDTEMP(4)

NAME
amdtemp -- AMD CPU on-die digital thermal sensor SYNOPSIS
amdtemp* at pchb? DESCRIPTION
The amdtemp driver provides support for the on-die digital thermal sensor present on AMD K8, AMD Barcelona, AMD Phenom, AMD Griffin, and AMD Fusion CPUs. These sensors were officially introduced in AMD K8 Revision F processors, and provide 0.5 degC accuracy. Precision was improved in Revision G chips, which provide two more bits for 0.25 degC steppings. Each core has two temperature sensors, and there are up to two cores per CPU socket. AMD Barcelona, AMD Phenom, AMD Griffin, and AMD Fusion provide 0.125 degC accuracy and provide one temperature sensor for each CPU socket. The amdtemp driver reports temperatures through the envsys(4) API. Sensor Units Typical Use CPUN sensor0 uK cpuN temperature SEE ALSO
envsys(4), envstat(8), powerd(8) HISTORY
The amdtemp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.4 named ``kate''. It was then ported to NetBSD 5.0. The driver has been renamed with support for newer AMD CPUs. AUTHORS
The amdtemp driver was written by Constantine A. Murenin <cnst@openbsd.org> whilst at the University of Waterloo. It was adapted to NetBSD by Christoph Egger. BSD
March 2, 2012 BSD