Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ant not being executed as cron job Post 57982 by kingfinny on Thursday 11th of November 2004 12:08:59 PM
Old 11-11-2004
ant not being executed as cron job

i have a script that uses an ant build.xml and its targets to pull a project from a cvs server, attempt to build the project, and then email me the results. When I run the script (either @ CLI or as a cron job) while I am logged in, everything works fine. However, if the script is set up to run as an automatic cron job and I am NOT logged in, none of the ant targets execute. Other commands are run, i.e. the mail command, but none of the ant tasks do. Is this a permissions problem, do i need to chmod somehow or su?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script errors out only when its executed via job

I wrote a script to shutdown the oracle database. The script works fine when I manually run the script. However, when i schedule a job, i get the following error. Shutting Down cmismart .................... ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist SVR4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
6 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Log files to view job executed in Autosys -- Help ASAP

Hi all, I really need your help ASAP on this. Below is the description of my problem and a sketch of Autosys Job Activity Console ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ File View Options +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Job Name Description Status Command Machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakal_woman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Functionality of ant build and ant deploy unix commands

I have made some code changes in the corresponding java file for date formatting purpose so that it supports upgraded sybase version from 12.6 to 12.7 and have build the code and deployed using the following UNIX commands. ant build ant deploy. "ant build" executes the build.xml which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vmpcit
1 Replies

4. AIX

Script not getting executed via cron but executes when executed manually.

Hi Script not getting executed via cron but executes successfully when executed manually. Please assist cbspsap01(appuser) /app/scripts > cat restart.sh #!/bin/ksh cd /app/bin date >>logfile.out echo "Restart has been started....." >>logfile.out date >>logfile.out initfnsw -y restart... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab job not executed with variables

Hi, I am trying to execute a script (for once) during the booting time in Ubuntu system. However, the result is only showing the strings without without the variables. Here is the script: MgrIp=$(ec2-describe-instances --filter tag:Name=Mgr --filter instance-state-name=running | egrep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job executed at wrong time

Dear *nix users. I'm on Mac OS 10.6 / Terminal and try to use crontab to schedule two scripts every 30 minutes and every 41 minutes. I followed the man instructions and created / installed a crontab file for the current user:crontab -e with the following content */30 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxnos
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script executed by Cron or commandline

Hello all, I have a question regarding the difference betwen cron and command line. What I would like to do is to print a statement into a logfile if a script has been executed from cron or from command line. It should be as: #!/bin/bash if <Check if this script has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

/etc/cron.daily script is not being executed

Hi All I have created a file in /etc/cron.daily on redhat linux 7.3 version host called applicationscript cat applictaionscript #!/bin/bash /prod/data/routine.sh cat /prod/data/routine.sh #!/bin/bash #details regular=/prod/data/jboss/logs backup=/prod/data/logs #echo "Moving logs"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to detect and fix why crontab job is not executed?

I have set several cron jobs. I recently added a new cron job that copies a file of last day from another server and is executed each day (for example at 04:00 am) but when I check next day the file hasn't been copied. I'm working in GNU/Linux CentOS (2.6.32) system. The files that I need to... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
23 Replies
build.xml(5)							File Formats Manual						      build.xml(5)

NAME
build.xml - configuration file used by ant to build projects DESCRIPTION
The file build.xml is the default configuration file used by ant to determine target to build for a specific project. It can be considered the ant equivalent of Makefile.. The format of ant is XML and for each project a seperate file is constructed. The buildfile consists of one or more tasks. An example is given below. <project default="compile"> <target name="compile"> <javac srcdir="src"> </target> </project> This example has one target and it is defaulted. The target itself consists of one task javac which compiles the files in the src direc- tory. TARGETS
Targets can depend on other targets. These dependencies are given by the depends attribute of the <target> element. TASKS
A task is a piece of code that is executed. Ant recognizes built-in task, optional tasks, but one can also write new tasks. Built-in tasks The built-in tasks are: Ant, AntCall, AntStructure, Apply, Available, Chmod, Copy, Cvs, Delete, Deltree, Echo, Exec, ExecOn, Fail, Filter, FixCRLF, GenKey, Get, GUnzip, GZip, Jar, Java, Javac, Javadoc/Javadoc2, Mail, Mkdir, Move, Patch, Property, Replace, Rmic, SignJar, Sql, Style, Tar, Taskdef, Touch, TStamp, Unjar, Untar, Unwar, Unzip, Uptodate, War, Zip Java Executes a Java class within the running (Ant) VM or forks another VM if specified. Below are some of the attibutes to the <java> element: classname (required) the Java class to execute fork if enabled triggers the class execution in another VM (disabled by default) jvm the command used to invoke the Java Virtual Machine, default is java. The command is resolved by java.lang.Runtime.exec(). Ignored if fork is disabled. Other arguments are classpath, classpathref, maxmemory, failonerror, dir and output. Javac Compiles a source tree within the running (Ant) VM. srcdir (required) location of the java files destdir location to store the class files debug indicates whether source should be compiled with debug information; defaults to off optimize indicates whether source should be compiled with optimization; defaults to off target generate class files for specific VM version (e.g., 1.1 or 1.2). includes comma-separated list of patterns of files that must be included; all files are included when omitted excludes comma-separated list of patterns of files that must be excluded; no files (except default excludes) are excluded when omit- ted. defaultexcludes indicates whether default excludes should be used (yes | no); default excludes are used when omitted. Other arguments are includesfile, excludesfile, classpath, bootclasspath, classpathref, bootclasspathref, extdirs, encoding, depre- cation, verbose, includeAntRuntime, includeJavaRuntime and failonerror. Properties A project can have a set of properties, which consist of a name value combination. Within tasks they can be used by placing them between "${" and "}", as in "${builddir}/classes". Built-in Properties Ant provides access to all system properties as if they had been defined using a <property> task. For example, ${os.name} expands to the name of the operating system. basedir the absolute path of the project's basedir (as set with the basedir attribute of <project>). ant.file the absolute path of the buildfile. ant.project.name the name of the project that is currently executing; it is set in the name attribute of <project>. ant.java.version the JVM version Ant detected; currently it can hold the values "1.1", "1.2" and "1.3". Classpath The classpath can be set by using the <classpath> element: <classpath> <pathelement path="${classpath}"/> <pathelement location="lib/helper.jar"/> <fileset dir="lib"> <include name="**/*.jar"/> </fileset> </classpath> SEE ALSO
ant(1) AUTHOR
This manpage is made by Egon Willighagen <egonw@sci.kun.nl> and based on the Ant Manual <http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/>. Mac OS X September 22, 2004 build.xml(5)