Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup Differnet Unix OS Using Single LTO Post 57754 by Jdogg on Friday 5th of November 2004 09:33:58 AM
Old 11-05-2004
Hi Micky

Mount the remote filesystems using NFS. Put the filesystems to be made available in your /etc/exports file and then run exportfs to make the system read the file (this is on linux by the way - it's been so long since I played around with any other UNIX that I can't remember if this command is peculiar to linux, I seem to remember in one flavour I had to send a HUP to the NFS daemon - check with man exports)

You can then mount it from the other system using mount -t nfs systemname:/filesystem/exported/on/other/system /mountpoint
Jdogg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup single large file

Hi I have a single large file 11gb that I need to copy/backup to tape then restore on another system. I tried tar but that complained about the file being too large Anyone have any suggestions how I can do this with AIX 5.2 Much appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvescot
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LTO 3 on rp7400

hi guys, I have a rp7400 running on 11i and i would like to attach LTO3 certance OEM quantum to this box using an ultra 2 scsi lvd/se-A5149A PCI adapter.Once i attached this card and try to detect it in boot handler running the io command,i can't see the card but once i attach it to the internal... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giriplug
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

LTO Compatibility

Is any one told me that LTO3 tape Cartridge is compatible with LTO2 Tape Drive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn Paul
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configure New LTO-2 Tape Drive

Can I do this live? Or, do I need to do a probe-scsi-all after doing a stop/A? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgordon
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

use ind command to search files on differnet server

Hi, I am writing script to search the directories on different server. I have 3 servers. eg. ser1, ser2, ser2 find <absolute_path>-type d -user <user_name> -ctime +5 -exec ls -ltd {} \; can someone please suggest me some way how can i use find command for this. i have ssh connectivity... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikash_k
1 Replies

6. AIX

Single file restore from NIM backup

Hi, I've recently implemented a NIM backup procedure for 2 virtual AIX5.3 environments running on a JS22 blade server. The images transfer to an old p620 box connected to some old SSA storage, each server backs up a mksysb and a savevg image. Now seeing as this method should be replacing our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinboyslim
3 Replies

7. Solaris

LTO replacement

Hi guys, I've changed the LTO3 device, but the OS (Solaris10) doesn't feel it. From the ok> prompt i've launched the probe-scsi-all command and it worked fine because i could see the new device; the from the ok> i booted the system (normal boot, probably a boot -r could be better..) and from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 slightly differnet shell scripts together to acheive same outcome

hi all. i have a kimsufi server, and i am wanting to it to syncronise back to my home linux system, but i want it to track what files have been transfered, so that if i move or delete them on my system, they wont re-sync back. i have googled around and found 2 scripts that acheive this, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbates58
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a 2 Volume mksysb backup to a single tape?

Hi, I have an mksysb backup which consists of 2 Volume, how do I combine it into a single Volume or tape ? Appreciate it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXBlueCat
1 Replies