Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rs232 pci-card
Operating Systems Solaris rs232 pci-card Post 57672 by pressy on Thursday 4th of November 2004 01:34:26 PM
Old 11-04-2004
rs232 pci-card

hello mates,
do you know a manufactor for rs232 serial pci cards for the sparc architecture? it seems that there is no original product from sun for that purpose. strange, isn't it?
problem is that i have a V250 with only one db9 rs232 serial port, and i need it for a modem connection, but i also want to connect an UPS to that system. on my cognition there is no possibility to split a DB9 bus like on DB25 cables, or do i need repetition ;-)

thx in advance

greetings PRESSY

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VNC via Rs232

Hi ! Is there somebody who is able to connect a VNC session via serial cable ? There is a hint on the VNC homepage that it is possible to configure that. But how? thanks joerg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
2 Replies

2. SuSE

HCF win modem PCI card

Hey all, ive got redhat 80 and trying to install a HCF win modem. Ive intsalled the drivers from linuxant.com using the rpm - i packagename.rpm command, but i still cant use the modem any suggestions ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiwi_bloke
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Does x86 solaris 9 support PCI RealTek Lan Card

Hi, i have a RealTek Lan Card on my machine. Does Solaris 9 supports this lan card . Thank You, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol8admin
3 Replies

4. AIX

Add PCI ethernet card?

Hi everyone, I recently inherited an IBM RS/6000 43P 150, and it appears that the on board ethernet is dead. Can I put in a PCI ethernet card and use that as the default ethernet connection (as opposed to the one on the motherboard)? If so, what type of card can I use and how does one configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jwoollard
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disable power management to a PCI card

I have a US Robotics USR5416 wireless networking card and everytime after hours of inactivity the cardseems to shutdown. I read somewhere the it does not support power management. Is there a way to disable power management to that particular PCI card? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diesel440
0 Replies

6. Linux

PCI Card recognized

I installed PCI Card HP SC44Ge - SAS1068E on my linux CentOS 5.4 is there a way to find out if the PCI is properly installed and recognized by linux. lspci is enough? just to add that PCI card is connected to a tape... also how can I find out driver and firmware version? thanks a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Q:x4270_m2 reconfigure PCI card to slot 5?

Hello all, I have a problem with my x4270_m2 server. I have a GBE lan built into the back of my server and I have a QGE pci card in slot 2 to be used as a redundant. My server is not picking up the QGE lan card in slot2. From investigation of the /etc/path_to_inst, which shows: #grep e1000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't ping new PCI LAN card x4270_m2

Hi, I've recently moved my pci LAN card from Slot2 Slot5 on my sun x4270_m2 server (solaris 10). I've done the touch / reconfigure and devfsadm, however my issue is that im able to configure the e1000g7 port with an ip address (192.168.0.1) but if i plug my laptop (set with static ip... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
7 Replies

9. AIX

AIX -How to find which NIC is on which PCI card

Hi All, How can I find out which is ETH5 on my AIX P5 system. I have about seven different NIC card on this. I did move the cable to each one but still I was not able to see the link light up when I did netstat -v Any idea? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies
TRIPPLITE_USB(8)						    NUT Manual							  TRIPPLITE_USB(8)

NAME
tripplite_usb - Driver for older Tripp Lite USB UPSes (not PDC HID) SYNOPSIS
tripplite_usb -h tripplite_usb -a UPS_NAME [OPTIONS] SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver should work with older Tripp Lite UPSes which are detected as USB HID-class devices, but are not true HID Power-Device Class devices. So far, the devices supported by tripplite_usb have product ID 0001, and the newer units (such as those with "LCD" in the model name) with product ID 2001 require the usbhid-ups(8) driver instead. Please report success or failure to the nut-upsuser mailing list. A key piece of information is the protocol number, returned in ups.debug.0. Also, be sure to turn on debugging (-DDD) for more informative log messages. If your Tripp Lite UPS uses a serial port, you may wish to investigate the tripplite(8) or tripplite_su(8) driver. This driver has been tested with the following models: o INTERNETOFFICE700 o OMNIVS1000 o OMNIVS1500XL (some warnings) o SMART700USB o SMART1500RM2U o SMART2200RMXL2U o SMART3000RM2U If you have used Tripp Lite's PowerAlert software to connect to your UPS, there is a good chance that tripplite_usb will work if it uses one of the following protocols: o Protocol 0004 o Protocol 1001 o Protocol 2001 o Protocol 3003 On the other hand, if the web page for your UPS on the Tripp-Lite website says "HID-compliant USB port also enables direct integration with built-in power management and auto-shutdown features of Windows and MAC OS X", then you should use the usbhid-ups(8) driver instead. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5) file (or with -x on the command line): offdelay This setting controls the delay between receiving the "kill" command (-k) and actually cutting power to the computer. bus This regular expression is used to match the USB bus (as seen in /proc/bus/usb/devices or lsusb(8); including leading zeroes). product A regular expression to match the product string for the UPS. This would be useful if you have two different Tripp Lite UPS models connected to the system, and you want to be sure that you shut them down in the correct order. Note This regex is matched against the full USB product string as seen in lsusb(8). The ups.model in the upsc(1) output only lists the name after TRIPP LITE, so to match a SMART2200RMXL2U, you could use the regex .*SMART2200.*. productid The productid is a regular expression which matches the UPS PID as four hexadecimal digits. So far, the only devices that work with this driver have PID 0001. serial It does not appear that these particular Tripp Lite UPSes use the iSerial descriptor field to return a serial number. However, in case your unit does, you may specify it here. For more information on regular expressions, see regex(7) RUNTIME VARIABLES
ups.delay.shutdown This variable is the same as the offdelay setting, but it can be changed at runtime by upsrw(8). ups.id Some SMARTPRO models feature an ID that can be set and retrieved. If your UPS supports this feature, this variable will be listed in the output of upsrw(8). outlet.1.switch Some Tripp Lite units have a switchable outlet (usually outlet #1) which can be turned on and off by writing 1 or 0, respectively, to outlet.1.switch with upsrw(8). If your unit has multiple switchable outlets, substitute the outlet number for 1 in the variable name. Be sure to test this first - there is no other way to be certain that the number used by the driver matches the label on the unit. KNOWN ISSUES AND BUGS
The driver was not developed with any official documentation from Tripp Lite, so certain events may confuse the driver. If you observe any strange behavior, please re-run the driver with -DDD to increase the verbosity. So far, the Tripp Lite UPSes do not seem to have a serial number or other globally unique identifier accessible through USB. Thus, when monitoring several Tripp Lite USB UPSes, you should use either the bus or product configuration options to uniquely specify which UPS a given driver instance should control. For instance, you can easily monitor an OMNIVS1000 and a SMART1500RM2U at the same time, since they have different USB Product ID strings. If you have two SMART1500RM2U units, you would have to find which USB bus number each unit is on (via lsusb(8)), which may result in ambiguities if the available USB ports are on the same bus. Some of the SMART*2U models have an ID number, but because this ID is not exposed as a USB string descriptor, there is no easy way to use this ID to distinguish between multiple UPS units on a single machine. The UPS would need to be claimed by the driver in order to read this ID. AUTHOR
Written by Charles Lepple, based on the tripplite(8) driver by Rickard E. (Rik) Faith and Nicholas Kain. Please do not email the authors directly - use the nut-upsdev mailing list. A Tripp Lite OMNIVS1000 was graciously donated to the NUT project by Bradley Feldman (http://www.bradleyloritheo.com) SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Other drivers for Tripp-Lite hardware: tripplite(8), tripplitesu(8), usbhid-ups(8) Other tools: regex(7), lsusb(8) INTERNET RESOURCES
The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 TRIPPLITE_USB(8)