Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Handling Special Charcters
Operating Systems Solaris Handling Special Charcters Post 57561 by lloydnwo on Tuesday 2nd of November 2004 01:23:21 AM
Old 11-02-2004
Handling Special Charcters

Dear All,

I have created a UTF-8 database to store multi-lingual charcters. Below is the query from which i insert from Winsql (front-end third party database browser tool), the data gets inserted properly.

insert into a (no, lbl)
values (1, "Cliquez ici pour revenir Ã_ la recherche de l'hôtel");

Now when i try to insert the same query through dbaccess it gives me an error " 202: An illegal character has been found in the statement."
When i view the query in vi editor -

insert into a (no, lbl)
values (2, "Cliquez ici pour revenir \205 la recherche de l'h\223tel");
# ^
# 202: An illegal character has been found in the statement.
#

I tried to ftp the file in both ASCII & binary mode, but no luck.
Is there a way how i can handle these special characters. I am using sun solaris 8 and Informix Database.

Regards,

lloyd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

handling special characters

Hello everyone, I use Samba to copy mp3 files to my Red Hat 8.0 box so I can randomize them through a playlist. When I copy: Sigur Rós-Nýja Lagið.mp3 It shows in the mapped drive on Windows as: Sigur Rós-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 And via Putty as: Sigur R(grayed box)s-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 What is going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove charcters

How do i remove single quotes(') from a file. Can we use sed for it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Line Longer Than 2048 Charcters

I have a csv file with a record size of greater than 2048.So when i try to open the file in VI..This is the error i get (test.csv" A line cannot be longer than 2048 characters) Is there a way i can change this parameter to read a bigger line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris01752
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling special characters using awk

Hi all, How do I extract a value without special characters? I need to extract the value of %Used from below and if its greater than 80, need to send a notification. I am doing this right now..Its giving 17%..Is there a way to extract the value and assign it to a variable in one step? df |grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk while handling special charaters

Hi, I have an application.xml file like </dependency> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <context-root>oldvalue</context-root> <type>ear</type> <DOCTYPE "abc/xyz/eft"> <NewTag>value123</xyz> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in linux, file holding special charcters

Hi I'd like to cat, in linux, a file that holds special charcters, like "-->" and ">" and "]" For example I have a file named test123.txt it looks like this: 2008-09-11 00:27:01,496 - < 0 > --> Start calculation of pattern , Pattern was split to pattern graphs < 0 > System Tqls Optimizer... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liav
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Substitution when special charcters involved

I am trying to substitute a substring in a file and am having difficulty due to the presence of 'special characters' I tried sed -e "s/Bob's birthday 13/11/08 (today)/Bob's birthday 14/11/08 (tomorrow)/" file1 This does not action any change due to the square brackets. How can I cater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAMZ
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters handling in perl

Hi, Here is my piece of code-- sub per_user_qna_detail { for($index=0;$index<@records;$index++) { if($records =~ m/^(.*)\s*Morocco.*Entering\s*Module::authenticate/) { printf "INSIDE per_user_qna_detail on LINE NO $index\n"; $Time_Stamp = $1;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meta charcters

Find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
0 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Meta charcters

find out lines in a given file consisting of the following pattern BCAA, BCAAA, BCAAAA, BCAAAAA, BCAAAAAA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Phaneendra G
1 Replies
Apache::Session::Store::Informix(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Apache::Session::Store::Informix(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Informix - Store persistent data in a Informix database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Informix; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Informix; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Informix fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Informix database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id char(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session lvarchar To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id char(32) not null primary key, a_session lvarchar ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Informix', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Informix:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Informix', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Mike Langen <mike.langen@tamedia.ch>, based on the original for Oracle. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Store::Informix(3pm)