Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Global variable becomes local Post 57501 by bhargav on Friday 29th of October 2004 06:18:35 PM
Old 10-29-2004
some thing wrong with the line

f2 | wc $lpt in tr script

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reg. Local vs Global declarations

Please go through the following two versions of code :- Version 1 --- string1 and string2 declared as Global variables The output is :-- (as expected sprintf is overwriting the first byte of string2 with NULL) string1=send string2= #include <stdio.h> char string1; char string2; main()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kms
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with global and local variables

Guys, how can I define global variables in sorlaris...cause I lose the values outside the scope. Rite now wat I do is,I redirect variable value to a file n then get it back outside the function...:o....theres obviously a better way of doing this...I now this is a basic question....but please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzv2jm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable

I have written a shell scritp in which i am using a variable which is declared before a while loop and i am updaitng the variable in while loop and want to use its updated value outside the loop. I am not able to do so, b'coz the scope of the variable is limited to the while loop only and when i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepanshu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Global Variable

Hi Guyz, I have a requirement like, i have to run a script every hour to count the number of errors encountered. At the end of the day, i need to send them the total number of errors, that have ocurred the entire day. For eg. if 10 errors occurred for starting 1 hr, 5 for next 1 hr, so on.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DTechBuddy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sharing a directory between local and global zone

is this the step? add fs set dir=/export set special=/export set type=lofs add options rw end i notice i can't post immediately, moderator needs to moderate. i have 1 more post still haven't appear in the forum..hmm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary0011
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Seeing different output from who -u in global INIT and local SRP

I am seeing different output from "who -u" when we execute "who -u" in global INIT and local SRP after calling telnet, rlogin and remsh. We are not seeing correct output when we login to local SRP using telnet, rlogin and remsh. srp_init just creates an UTMP entry in the UTMP database. Based my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhur.tripathi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global - Local script??

Hi, I have a script which can be called from any path on the machine. It kind of acts like a global script. How do I achive this? :confused: The path from which I call it is different from the path where it exists. (where <script name> ) Thanks and Regards, Preetham R. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable value

Hi All, Im new to shell scripting. I am running EgA.sh and setting one global variable XYZ=0 . Also calling another EgB.sh from EgA.sh, changing the value of XYZ=10 but after executing EgB.sh, value of XYZ is still 0. Im expecting it to be 10. Anyone for help. Thanks in Advance. :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paliwal
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global Variable

Hi, I have created a variable say today at the begin having 123 as its value and inside a for loop it gets resolved to some value say 150 in its first iteration. How can I use this value 150 ( 1st iteration's ) outside the scope of for loop ?. In the same way I wanted to use all iteration's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penqueen
1 Replies
OFISA(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  OFISA(4)

NAME
ofisa -- introduction to machine-independent Open Firmware ISA bus support and drivers SYNOPSIS
ofisa* at mainbus0 XX* at ofisa? DESCRIPTION
NetBSD includes a machine-independent ISA bus subsystem and several machine-independent ISA device drivers. The ofisa bus uses Open Firmware to determine how to attach devices. HARDWARE
NetBSD includes machine-independent Open Firmware ISA drivers, sorted by device type and driver name: Disk and tape controllers wdc Standard Western Digital type hard drive controllers: MFM, RLL, ESDI, and IDE/ATAPI. Serial and parallel interfaces com NS8250-, NS16450-, and NS16550-based serial ports. lpt Standard ISA parallel port interface. Network interfaces cs Cirrus Logic Crystal CS8900 Ethernet interfaces. Sound cards and MIDI interfaces ess ESS Technology AudioDrive 1788-, 1888-, 1887-, and 888-based sound cards. Miscellaneous devices joy Game (joystick) adapters. SEE ALSO
com(4), cs(4), ess(4), intro(4), isa(4), joy(4), lpt(4), wdc(4) HISTORY
The Open Firmware ISA subsystem appeared in NetBSD 1.4. BSD
July 25, 2000 BSD