Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Removing user from multiple groups via command line Post 57462 by pressy on Thursday 28th of October 2004 12:56:38 PM
Old 10-28-2004
you could redefine his groups with the command usermod:

# groups test
other bin sys lp
# usermod -G bin,sys test
# groups test
other bin sys

where other is the default group...

gP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing end of line to merge multiple lines

I'm sure this will be an easy question for you experts out there, but I have been searching the forum and working on this for a couple hours now and can't get it right. I have a very messy data file that I am trying to tidy up - one of the issues is some records are split into multiple lines: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tink
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Removing users from groups

How do I remove a user from a group? I'm using the usermod command but its not working. I have a user "abc" who is a member of the groups root and other. I'm trying to remove him from the group "other" (using CLI) which is his secondary group but it's not working. How do I do this? Is there any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add user to multiple groups

hi all i am new to solaris how to add a user to multiple(secondary) groups. user :anna Groups : delhi ,mumbai,pune i need like this in cat /etc/group delhi::anna mumbai::anna pune::anna i tried using usermod -a -G hyd anna that does int work how to delete user from group... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Multiple Line comments

:) Hi all, I would like to remove all multiple line comments, in between the pattern /*.....*/ from my file. The comments can be expected to be at any place in my file, like this: /*.... This multi line comment might stretch even the entire file..! ......*/ Some text Text1 /* Comment... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackuar
25 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing command line arguments from string list

I am passing a list of strings $list and want to remove all entries with --shift=number, --sort=number/number/..., --group=number/number/... Also are removed whether upper or lower case letters are used For example the following will all be deleted from the list --shift=12 --shift=2324... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage return/line feeds on multiple lines

I would like to remove carriage returns/line feeds in a text file, but in a specific cadence: Read first line (Header Line 1), remove cr/lf at the end (replace it with a space ideally); Read the next line (Line of Text 2), leave the cr/lf intact; Read the next line, remove the cr/lf; Read... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomr2012
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : accept multiple user entered command line arguemnts

I am trying to create a script that will accept multi input from the user (really just me), then execute those command on a remote device. My question is if the I enter "No" at the confirmation point "Are these statements correct y or n ?", what is the best way to go back and start over ? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies

9. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

How to prevent sed command removing whole line?

hello, I'm using sed command to extract the text between 2 special characters which are /* and */ I used following command to do this. sed -n '/\/\*/,/\*\//p' file.txt But if the file.txt contains a line something like this, a=5; /* this is a comment */ the above command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner_99
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
VGMERGE(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   VGMERGE(8)

NAME
vgmerge - merge two volume groups SYNOPSIS
vgmerge [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [-l|--list] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] DestinationVolumeGroupName SourceVol- umeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgmerge merges two existing volume groups. The inactive SourceVolumeGroupName will be merged into the DestinationVolumeGroupName if physi- cal extent sizes are equal and physical and logical volume summaries of both volume groups fit into DestinationVolumeGroupName's limits. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -l, --list Display merged DestinationVolumeGroupName like "vgdisplay -v". -t, --test Do a test run WITHOUT making any real changes. Examples "vgmerge -v databases my_vg" merges the inactive volume group named "my_vg" into the active or inactive volume group named "databases" giv- ing verbose runtime information. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgextend(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGMERGE(8)