Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mouse Problems
Operating Systems Linux Mouse Problems Post 57438 by locustfurnace on Thursday 28th of October 2004 12:46:02 AM
Old 10-28-2004
I've done that in the past and never had any problems. Just configure the mouse as a serial mouse.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse wheel...

Hello. I've got round to installing RedHat 7.1, and i have this slight problem. I'm not able to use my mouse wheel. Is this just not possible in RedHat or is there a way to configure my mouse so i can use my mouse wheel. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr-Pixie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse settings

How do I change the mouse pointer speed settings in Unix. I know in Windows there is the option to change the pointer speed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chyzm
3 Replies

3. BSD

BSD mouse

Hey guys am runing FreeBSD 5.3 on my laptop, i know i have done it before but i cannot for the life of me get my wireless microsoft mouse working in kde. is is connected threw usb. I ran a dmesg and it see the mouse in uhid0. let me know if ya guys could give me a hand in this thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: THCue
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Indigo mouse

A few years ago i found i the Net a "homework" about how to convert ps2 mouse to Indigo mouse. But i do not save it. Anybody helps me? There are about 10 Indigo mice in all of my country. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikidimov
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

reset mouse

I have a Belkin KVM switcher, but when I switch from Unix to Windows, then back to Unix, the mouse stops working is there any way to reset the mouse without restarting the workstation? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xRonin
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies
UNTITLED
LOCAL UNTITLED NAME
glutMouseFunc -- Sets the mouse-button callback for the current window. LIBRARY
OpenGLUT - input SYNOPSIS
#include <openglut.h> void glutMouseFunc(void( *callback )( int button, int state, int x, int y )); PARAMETERS
callback Client hook for mouse-buttons. DESCRIPTION
Whenever a mouse button is pressed or released in an OpenGLUT window, OpenGLUT checks if that window has a mouse-button (Mouse) callback reg- istered. If so, OpenGLUT gives the event to the handler. button is the button number, starting from 0. state is GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN to indicate the button's new state. The other parameters are the mouse coordinates. Mouse wheel motion can be reported as buttons. If you do not request otherwise, a wheel spun forward will act like a button clicking down, immediately followed by clicking up. Spinning the same wheel backward will act like a different button clicking. Mouse wheel pseudo-buttons are added after all real buttons. While the button is held and the mouse is dragged, you receive mouse-motion events (glutMotionFunc()), even if the mouse is dragged out of the window. This callback is bound to the current window . CAVEATS
Reporting the wheel as buttons is actually inherited from X. freeglut added code to support this on WIN32. OpenGLUT inherited that support from freeglut. Old GLUT defines the symbols GLUT_LEFT_BUTTON, GLUT_RIGHT_BUTTON, and GLUT_MIDDLE_BUTTON. However, mice can have more than 3 buttons, so these symbols are deprecated. Windows created via glutCreateMenuWindow() always cascade keyboard and mouse events to their parent. SEE ALSO
glutMotionFunc(3) glutPassiveMotionFunc(3) glutMouseWheelFunc(3) Epoch