Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BSD Sys 5????
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers BSD Sys 5???? Post 5738 by Toughgirl27 on Tuesday 21st of August 2001 04:16:29 PM
Old 08-21-2001
Thank you much

This helps me tremendously. Thank you so much.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Differences Sys 5 and BSD

Hi I would like to know the difference between System V release and BSD style release. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

2. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. BSD

Sys V or BSD derivated UNIX

I read it was possible to distinguish if UNIX system on the machine is derivated from Sys V or BSD. The instruction said: ps -ef ... is functional on Sys V ps ax ... is functional on BSD But since I don't have any UNIX machine (just Linux) I can't tell how I may use this knowledge in my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
5 Replies

4. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
NA_RECORD(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      NA_RECORD(1)

NAME
na_record -- record waveform from audio device SYNOPSIS
na_record [-h] [-f sampling rate] [-audiodevice device] [-time seconds] [-o file] [-otype type] [-ostype sample type] [-F sample rate] [-obo MSB | LSB | native] [-oswap] [-p audio device protocol] DESCRIPTION
na_record records digital audio data from the system's audio input device and writes it to the specified file. It supports a variety of out- put file formats and native audio devices. The following option flags are recognized: -h Prints a short summary of usage to standard output. -f sampling rate Sets the input sampling rate (in samples per second, i.e. Hz). Not all devices support all sampling rates, so it may be desire- able to set this separately from the output sampling rate. -audiodevice device Sets the audio device to record from, if supported by the audio protocol chosen (e.g. /dev/dsp, /dev/audio) -time seconds Stops recording after the specified number of seconds. -o file Writes sound output to the specified file -otype type Specifies the file format to use for output. Supported types currently include nist, est, dsps, snd, riff, aiff, audlab, raw, and ascii. The -h flag will show the most accurate list. The default type is nist. -F sampling rate Sets the output sampling rate (again, in samples per second, i.e. Hz). If this differs from the input sampling rate, resampling will be done. Defaults to 16000Hz. -obo byte order Sets the output byte order. Supported values are MSB, LSB, and native. Many file formats have their own byte order, or are byte order independent, so this isn't tremendously useful except for raw data. The default is the native byte order for the system audio device. -oswap Swap bytes when saving to output. -ostype sample type Sets the sample type of the output. Suported values are short, mulaw, byte, or ascii. Again, this is usually implied by the file format, so should only be used for raw data. The default is short (i.e. 16-bit PCM). -p audio device protocol Selects an audio device protocol (i.e. type of audio device) to use. This varies between different installations of Speech Tools, but defaults to the most 'native' audio device, usually Open Sound System on Linux and *BSD and /dev/audio on Solaris. ENVIRONMENT
NA_PLAY_PROTOCOL Audio protocol to use (as in the -p flag) NA_PLAY_HOST Host to record audio from when using a network audio protocol. EXAMPLES
To record five seconds of audio from /dev/dsp1 (on Linux) to foo.wav in RIFF format at 32kHz: $ na_record -time 5 -audiodevice /dev/dsp1 -o foo.wav -otype RIFF -f 32000 To record one second of audio to bar.wav in raw format in 8kHz mu-law: $ na_record -time 1 -o bar.wav -otype raw -ostype mulaw -f 8000 BUGS
The -time argument only accepts integer values (though the usage message implies otherwise) SEE ALSO
na_play(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 4, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools