Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: *nix Desktops
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? *nix Desktops Post 57275 by woofie on Thursday 21st of October 2004 06:58:26 PM
Old 10-21-2004
Thanks norsk hedensk & zazzybob.

I've had a look on the SUSE site and found the information on the package.

Cheers
Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for something like Citrix for *nix

Hi, I don't mean the client.... I mean the server - I have the client to connect to a windows citrix server already. The next best thing I can use at present is VNC (I only want remote desktop, not application sharing specifically). The thing with VNC is that when you go on you are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: d11wtq
3 Replies

2. Solaris

sun-solalris for intel desktops

Hi, i have a pentium-4 desktop with intel Motherboard and processor, which version of solaris i can install , Please refer. Thanks Vijayq8.:b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

radio/airwaves *nix?

hey there, new to the forums here. long story short, i have interests in both HAM radio and *nix OS's and want to start a project that will combine the two. so, the question is: are there any *nix flavors or other distros that were specifically designed for radio/airwave communications, or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BartlettMagic
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which is the most secure *nix?

Which is the most secure *nix for home business/ office use? Would have to be fairly well up to date browser and drivers wise. Myself I seem to have settled on RedHat - I've trialled the Desktop, and am part-way through a server trial. I've essentially not managed to keep the browser as secure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
2 Replies

5. Hardware

Desktops that provide virtualization support.

Hi all, I want to buy a desktop/workstation, load Red Hat 6 and create some virtual machines to work with. Does anyone currently have systems at home that you have virtual machines on? Remember, I am not talking about server class systems, but just the ordinary desktops. I see a lot of 64-bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geelsu
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Funny *NIX commands

Hello All, Just want to share some funny *NIX commands :). $ make love make: *** No rule to make target `love'. Stop. On a FreeBSD make: $ make love Not war. $ \(- bash: (-: command not found $ man woman No manual entry for woman $ touch /me touch: cannot touch `/me':... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding guidance to learn *NIX more and more

Hello All, This Poll/thread is for views of all forum user regarding following point: There are many people in this forum who are actually not actually working on *NIX(admin or real scripting/automation part) but they are/have learnt scripting and trying to help/guide/advice/sharing... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
11 Replies
CLOCK(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     CLOCK(1)

NAME
clock - display the time in an icon or window SYNOPSIS
clock AVAILABILITY
This command is available with the OpenWindows environment. For information about installing OpenWindows, refer to the OpenWindows Instal- lation and Start-Up Guide. DESCRIPTION
clock is an OpenWindows XView utility that displays the current time in a window or icon. When the window is open, clock can display the time in either analog or digital format. The clock window is scalable in either format. USAGE
When the clock window is open, it has a floating menu from which you can bring up a property window. From this property sheet, you can modify the display of the tool by selecting either the Analog or Digital choice box. Seconds: On the analog version, this selection starts a second hand on the face of the clock. On the digital version, it adds two dig- its to the digital readout. Date: Turns on a date display for both analog and digital versions of clock. BUGS
If you reset the system time, clock will not reflect the new time until you change its window state from open to icon, or vice versa. To reset the system time, see date (1V). The date display does not go well with the round clock face. Occasionally, when clock is uncovered, the face will be visually corrupted. Use the Refresh button from the frame menu to repair. 11 June 1990 CLOCK(1)