Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux how to allow everyone access to burner Post 57187 by zazzybob on Wednesday 20th of October 2004 11:10:16 AM
Old 10-20-2004
Does your cdrecorder have the "user" option set in /etc/fstab (i.e. can a normal user mount the cdrecorder?)

Something like (change the device and mountpoint, obviously)
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro,user 0 0
Should do it.

Then try it. I suppose if that doesn't work you could try SUID'ing xcdroast, but that isn't recommended and shouldn't be necessary.

Cheers
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

cd/dvd burner

Hi there! I have mandrake linux and my cd- and dvd-burner appear as normal cd-rom drives. My Cd-burner is from plextor and the dvd-burner from sony. Do I need new drivers? and where can I find some? And which burning programms are good for linux? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysth
4 Replies

3. Programming

Need Linux GUI based DVD burner

Hi, Need a linux gui based DVD burner. I am supposed to backup 10GB every day and so need an application, where if i drag and drop 10 gb of parent folder. then it should prompt for next cd, once 4.7gb of DVD is burnt.is there any way or any script that i can convert to GUI. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
2 Replies

4. Solaris

cd burner for solaris

Hi all, I wanted to know of any good cd burners for solaris... I tried with nautilus burner, but i did not find a pre compiled version so didnt download it:).. May i have the details on this Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to install dvd/cd burner

Good morning I have a Sun Ultra_60 with Solaris_8 station, you can guide me as I have to install a DVD burner? that need to record programs? A Greeting :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grymorum
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

7. Hardware

inability to use cd rom or dvd burner

Here is my conundrum . I am unable to access my cd or dvd after I supposedly alter the BIOS setting to enable a "Live" CD or DVD to be used. Would ,changing the Hard Drive or Motherboard remedy the situation. Thanking you, katosan:wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katosan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

samba read write access to owner and no access to other users

Hi All, I want to configure samba share permission so that only directory creator/owner has a read and write permission and other users should not have any read/write access to that folder.Will that be possible and how can this be achieved within samba configuration. Regards, Sahil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

9. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
cds(1m) 																   cds(1m)

NAME
cds - A dcecp object that represents a Cell Directory Service server SYNOPSIS
cds disable server_name cds help [operation | -verbose] cds operations cds show server_name ARGUMENTS
The name of the cds operation for which to display help information. The name of one CDS server running somewhere in the local cell. Specify the server name in one of the following formats: /.../cell_name/hosts/host_name/cds-server /.:/hosts/host_name/cds-server DESCRIPTION
The cds object allows some low-level control over a CDS server in the local cell. Using it, you can disable a running server, which causes it to shut down gracefully. This command will also display a limited set of the attribute and counter information currently known to the specified server. ATTRIBUTES
The number of times the server failed to update a child replica. The date-time stamp representing when the current server started. The number of crucial replicas known to the server. The skew time allowed the server. The list of clearinghouses known to the server. The number of read operations processed by the server since it started. The number of times the CDS server had problems with the cell Security Service. The number of skulks completed by the server since it started. The number of skulks initiated by the server since it started. The number of times the lookup path was broken during a server operation. The number of write operations processed by the server since it started. OPERATIONS
cds disable Disables the specified CDS server. The syntax is as follows: cds disable server_name The specified server must be running somewhere in the local cell, and you must have the privileges to access that machine. This operation returns an empty string on success. Privileges Required You must have dwc (delete, write, create) permissions on the namespace entry of the server. Example dcecp> cds disable /.:/hosts/blech/cds-server dcecp> cds help Returns help information about the cds object and its operations. The syntax is as follows: cds help [operation | -verbose] Options Displays information about the cds object. Used without an argument or option, the cds help command returns brief information about each cds operation. The optional operation argu- ment is the name of an operation about which you want detailed information. Alternatively, you can use the -verbose option to display detailed information about the cds object itself. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the cds help command. Examples dcecp> cds help disable Disables the specified CDS server. show Returns attribute information about the named CDS server. help Prints a summary of command-line options. operations Returns a list of the valid operations for this command. dcecp> cds operations Returns a list of the operations supported by the cds object. The syntax is as follows: cds operations The list of available operations is in alphabetical order except for help and operations, which are listed last. Privileges Required No special privileges are needed to use the cds operations command. Examples dcecp> cds operations disable show help operations dcecp> cds show Returns attribute information about the specified CDS server. The syntax is as follows: cds show server_name The attributes returned mostly represent counter information, which can be used to help isolate a problems with a CDS server. The order in which the attributes are returned is fixed within CDS. Privileges Required You must have r (read) permissions on the namespace entry of the server. Examples dcecp> cds show /.:/hosts/blech/cds-server {Creation_Time 1995-10-11-10:06:31.434-04:00I-----} {Future_Skew_Time 0} {Read_Operations 141384} {Write_Operations 3589} {Skulks_Initiated 278} {Skulks_Completed 278} {Times_Lookup_Paths_Broken 0} {Crucial_Replicas 0} {Child_Update_Failures 0} {Security_Failures 0} {Known_Clearinghouses /.../gumby1/blech_ch} dcecp> RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cdsd(1m), dcecp(1m), dcecp_cdsclient(1m). cds(1m)