Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron to schedule 1st Wednesday of every Month?? Post 57185 by zazzybob on Wednesday 20th of October 2004 10:56:21 AM
Old 10-20-2004
22 09 * 1-12 3 /easdwld/audit/dev/bin/purge.audit

That won't work - that'll run every wednesday. The OP wants the first wednesday of each month.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

schedule many jobs using cron

HI, I need to schedule a no.of jobs using the cron facility. I currently do two kinds of scheduling,one based on the database load(after the database is loaded the program will start) and the other is based on time.....(say 10.00a.m daily) the problem is.......... When the database is loaded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sireesha15
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab schedule - first thursday of every month

Instead of the first five fields, one of eight special strings may appear: string meaning ------ ------- @reboot Run once, at startup. @yearly Run once a year, "0 0 1 1 *". @annually (same as @yearly) @monthly Run once a month, "0 0 1 * *". @weekly Run once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Prstat Cron Schedule

Hi , I am trying to set up a cron job for getting the prstats for every 10 minutes to a log file. prstat -s cpu -n 20 > a.txt The issue is when i try to execute this command, a.txt is filling up with data for every second which is not i wanted.I just need top 20 processes for every 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule without cron

Hi, How to write the recursive function. I have a script, #!/usr/bin/ksh ## name=$1 outputfile='output.log' sqlplus -s > ${outputfile} <<__END__ ${USER}/${PASS}@${DB} WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE ROLLBACK WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE ROLLBACK SET ECHO ON SET SERVEROUTPUT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a Cron job

Hi all, I am new to cron jobs.. i wanted to schedule a cron job that wil send a mail to me at 3:00PM on 10th August ie is on Wednesday. 0 15 10 8 3 echo "message from UNIX here"|mail -s "your subject here" user@user.com However this was not executed... Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab: setup cronjob to run first wednesday of every month

Hi, How to setup cronjob to run first wednesday of every month. Is there a way? Thanks.. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule a cron job

Hi, Can anyone help me out with scheduling a cron job for the below: i wnated to delete file from a folder on every sunday at 05:00 AM this is code i have used. ******************************************************* 0 05 * * 0 find /abc/xyz/pqrs/bak/ -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule a job without Cron

Hi All, Is there any way (any utility) to schedule a job to run once in a week on RedHat Linux ? Note- Do not using Crontab. Thanks Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Help with cron schedule

Hope you can help with a queuy i have. Server OS is HP-UX my cron runs like this: * * * * * /test/scripts/1_min_jobs.sh 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /test/scripts/jobs_5mins.sh 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null 0,15,30,45 * * * *... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: davexxash
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a shell script without crontab every Wednesday at 10 AM

HI Guys I need one shell script to be scheduled to run one shell script to be executed automatically every Wednesday at 10 AM Without crontab and "at" command.. Could you provide your suggestions ? Thanks and Regards kshitij Kulshreshtha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies
audit_data(4)							   File Formats 						     audit_data(4)

NAME
audit_data - current information on audit daemon SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_data DESCRIPTION
The audit_data file contains information about the audit daemon. The file contains the process ID of the audit daemon, and the pathname of the current audit log file. The format of the file is: pid>:<pathname> Where pid is the process ID for the audit daemon, and pathname is the full pathname for the current audit log file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample audit_data file. 64:/etc/security/audit/server1/19930506081249.19930506230945.bongos FILES
/etc/security/audit_data ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
audit(1M), auditd(1M), bsmconv(1M), audit(2), audit_control(4), audit.log(4) NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is internal to audit(1M) and might not be supported in a future release. The auditd utility is the only supported mechanism to communicate with auditd(1M). The current audit log can be determined by examining the configured audit directories. See audit_control(4). The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 14 Nov 2002 audit_data(4)