Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Avatars?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Avatars? Post 5717 by Neo on Tuesday 21st of August 2001 06:40:25 AM
Old 08-21-2001
Will consider your question to give it the thought and consideration it deserves. I've seen lots of board with Avatars and they don't add to the quality of the board and require additional administrative overhead.

However, I'm too busy with my 'paying jobs' to give this the due consideration your question deserves. More later.....

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how do i get those avatars on the bottom of my user name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grizzly1
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Navbar - Member Info and Avatars

Hey, I moved the user information in the top right on the navbar to side panel and replace it with a clickable avatar image. If you have an avatar, you will see your avatar and if you don't you will see some default one (will change it to something better later). If you have any notification... (53 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
53 Replies
Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)

NAME
Arch::LiteWeb - simple way to access web pages SYNOPSIS
my $web = Arch::LiteWeb->new; my $content = $web->get("http://some.domain:81/some/path"); die $web->error . " while processing " . $web->request_url unless $content; my $content_type = $web->response_headers->{content_type}; DESCRIPTION
This class provides a basic and easy to use support for the client-side HTTP. It is supplied in order to avoid dependency on LWP. If such dependency is not a problem, consider to use LWP instead that provides much better support for HTTP and other protocols. METHODS
The following class methods are available: get, post, request_url, error, error_with_url, network_error, response_code, response_codestr, response_error, response_headers, response_content. get url [params ...] Execute HTTP get of the given url and return the html string or undef on network/response error. Use other methods to get the details about the error and the response. params is key-value hash, the following keys are supported: url_host - only used if url is none url_port - only used if url is none(80) url_path - only used if url is none endl - default is "1512" timeout - default is 20 seconds user_agent - default is "Arch::LiteWeb/0.1" nocache - add a no-cache header noredirect - don't follow redirect responses max_redirect_depth - default is 5 use_proxy - default is false proxy_url - proxy url ($http_proxy supported too) proxy_host - only used if proxy_url is none proxy_port - only used if proxy_url is none(80) post url input [params] Not implemented yet. request_url Actual url of the last issued request or undef. If partial redirect responses are enabled, then the result is the last (non-redirect) url. error If the last request resulted in error (i.e. get/post returned undef), then this method returns the error message, otherwise it returns undef. This is just a shortcut for network_error || response_error. error_with_url Like error, but with " while fetching request_url " text appended if non undef. network_error The network error message for the last request or undef. response_error The response error message for the last request or undef. response_code The last response code (integer) or undef. response_codestr The last response code (string) or undef. response_headers The last response headers (hashref of HTTP headers) or undef. response_content The last response content or undef. This is the same thing that the last get/post returns. BUGS
Not intended for use in mission-critical applications. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman (migo@homemail.com--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel). SEE ALSO
For more information, see LWP, LWP::Simple. perl v5.10.1 2005-03-25 Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)