Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java in Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Java in Linux Post 57121 by cbkihong on Tuesday 19th of October 2004 12:59:58 AM
Old 10-19-2004
Just download JDK from Sun Microsystems and set it up manually.

As I said, gcj doesn't have (good) support of Swing/AWT.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How do i download java 1.3 on linux(kinda have this old version)

i wish to run java files on inux but while downloading it into linux there is no problem but when i r try to execute a java file it says javac not found. help pleas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Programming in JAvA

is it advisible to do Linux Programming in JAVA.. If so, whats the advantage over C++ or C.. Cud anyone also help me out by providing some links in this regard.. Would be highly appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tuning Java on LINUX

Hi, Need help in tuning JAVA on LINUX. From http://www.trutek.com/index.php?id=173 I understand that on Linux operating system with 4GB memory, JVM can be run with maximum memory of 3800m. But I had no luck. Could someone help me in achieving on Red Hat Linux server. Here is the details of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabbie_upk
5 Replies

4. Android

Android is Linux (and Java)

In case you did not know, Android 2.1, Éclair, runs on the 2.6.29 Linux kernel. However, the user space it is built atop Dalvik, a Google-designed custom JVM (Java virtual machine). This is pretty interesting, when you think about it. The core of Android is the linux kernel, and the standard... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

5. Programming

Excel reading on Linux using Java

Hi, I have a requirement where users will send excel(.xls) file to Linux Platform using ftp/sftp. After that the excel file needs to be read using java on linux and converted into csv. I am using jxl to parse the excel, but few character like £ are not getting parsed properly. If i open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_bt
0 Replies

6. Programming

Running a Java program on Linux

Hello, I have a project directory in /home/researcher I have in my project/src three packages:A (contains the main class), B and C and I have 2 jar-files file1.jar file2.jar files in the project/my-jars In Class A I import other classes from the other packages I compiled as follows:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

7. Programming

command linux in java code

Hello Please why the files have not created? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
0 Replies

8. Linux

Linux through Java code

Hi How can I write a Java program to execute Linux commands? What is the best approach: Invoking the Linux shell within Java and executing commands or, using the Java APIs to do the stuff. Since it is platform independent, it'll know itself what to do. We need not check which OS the Java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dorothy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Unable to send email using Java in Linux

Hi All, We recently moved to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 from Solaris 10. The existing Java code to send emails in Solaris is public class card_cardMessenger{ /** * Send an e-mail message via the Runtime class * @see Runtime * @return boolean (success or failure of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meghan2525
1 Replies
DH_JAVADOC(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_JAVADOC(1)

NAME
dh_javadoc - generate javadoc documentation and install in package directory SYNOPSIS
dh_javadoc [debhelper options] [-p<package>] [--sourcedir source path] [Java packages] DESCRIPTION
dh_javadoc is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating HTML Java documentation and installing it in package directories. This should be done in the documentaion package of all Java libraries. Normal Java programs should not be supplied with javadoc documentation (neither in their main package or in a separate documentation package) Any package specified as parameters will be installed into the first package dh_javadoc is told to act on. Use of the standard debhelper -p option is highly recommended. A file named debian/package.javadoc may list additional packages to have documentation generated. These should be separated by new lines. When the Java policy is modified, this script will also install links to the documentation in a common place so that javadoc pages may be interlinked; and also provide a substitution variable for documentation package dependencies. Javadoc generation is done using gjdoc, currently the only free javadoc implementation. When new features are added to this (such as overview files), this script will be modified accordingly. OPTIONS
--sourcedir source path Specify the source path in which to look for Java source files. Java packages Names of Java packages to be documented. TODO
+ Check parameters more carefully. + Add substvar for documentation dependencies + Don't put the 'common' directory in all packages - refer to one in /usr/share/gjdoc & insist on creating that dependency + Other items depend on gjdoc improvements: - Add package listings to common directory - Generate dependency substvar based on additional doc packages used. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is designed similar to debhelper AUTHOR
Mark Howard <mh@debian.org> 4.7 2012-04-16 DH_JAVADOC(1)