Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Java in Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Java in Linux Post 57119 by rahulrathod on Monday 18th of October 2004 11:55:34 PM
Old 10-19-2004
Yes the java executable is pointing to gcj. SOo what should i do so that i get these other packages of Java installed in my Redhat Linux 9.0.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How do i download java 1.3 on linux(kinda have this old version)

i wish to run java files on inux but while downloading it into linux there is no problem but when i r try to execute a java file it says javac not found. help pleas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Programming in JAvA

is it advisible to do Linux Programming in JAVA.. If so, whats the advantage over C++ or C.. Cud anyone also help me out by providing some links in this regard.. Would be highly appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tuning Java on LINUX

Hi, Need help in tuning JAVA on LINUX. From http://www.trutek.com/index.php?id=173 I understand that on Linux operating system with 4GB memory, JVM can be run with maximum memory of 3800m. But I had no luck. Could someone help me in achieving on Red Hat Linux server. Here is the details of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabbie_upk
5 Replies

4. Android

Android is Linux (and Java)

In case you did not know, Android 2.1, Éclair, runs on the 2.6.29 Linux kernel. However, the user space it is built atop Dalvik, a Google-designed custom JVM (Java virtual machine). This is pretty interesting, when you think about it. The core of Android is the linux kernel, and the standard... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

5. Programming

Excel reading on Linux using Java

Hi, I have a requirement where users will send excel(.xls) file to Linux Platform using ftp/sftp. After that the excel file needs to be read using java on linux and converted into csv. I am using jxl to parse the excel, but few character like £ are not getting parsed properly. If i open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_bt
0 Replies

6. Programming

Running a Java program on Linux

Hello, I have a project directory in /home/researcher I have in my project/src three packages:A (contains the main class), B and C and I have 2 jar-files file1.jar file2.jar files in the project/my-jars In Class A I import other classes from the other packages I compiled as follows:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
4 Replies

7. Programming

command linux in java code

Hello Please why the files have not created? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
0 Replies

8. Linux

Linux through Java code

Hi How can I write a Java program to execute Linux commands? What is the best approach: Invoking the Linux shell within Java and executing commands or, using the Java APIs to do the stuff. Since it is platform independent, it'll know itself what to do. We need not check which OS the Java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dorothy
1 Replies

9. Programming

Unable to send email using Java in Linux

Hi All, We recently moved to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 from Solaris 10. The existing Java code to send emails in Solaris is public class card_cardMessenger{ /** * Send an e-mail message via the Runtime class * @see Runtime * @return boolean (success or failure of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meghan2525
1 Replies
AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)				      General Commands Manual					 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)

NAME
airport2-portinspector - Port maps inspector for the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station ("Snow") SYNOPSIS
airport2-portinspector DESCRIPTION
airport2-portinspector allows you to inspect the port maps used by the hosts associated with your base station. OPTIONS
airport2-portinspector accepts no command-line options. airport2-portinspector is a wrapper script around the PortInspector.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport2-portinspector was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)