Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gathering system configuration Post 57099 by hcclnoodles on Monday 18th of October 2004 12:07:15 PM
Old 10-18-2004
Gathering system configuration

Hi there, I have been asked to write a script that gathers enough information on our Sun Solaris machines to be able to rebuild and configure them if they should go pop.

My question is does anybody have any suggestions on the files that I need to take a copy of, to ensure that everything is covered, so far I have the following

df -k
netstat -rn
ifconfig -a
/etc/vfstab
/etc/dfstab
/etc/system

what else would i need?

any help would be greatly appreciated

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to the configuration of the system

How to know configuration information of the system. like (1) memory assigned for RAM - ? (2) How much is the Hard disk -? (3) processor I used uname and du -k commands. But i couldn't get information about RAM. which command gives this info (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds_sastry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System boot configuration

On my PC I have two hard disks, the first with Windows 98 SE and the second with Linux Mandrake 8.0 (Traktopel). When I have installed Linux, it has modified the boot record of the 1st HD and it has added a graphic menu (LILO) for selecting the OS to use. By default, if I don't press a key, Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX configuration gathering tool

Hello! I would like to introduce a tool for gathering information on the HP- UX operating system. I would like to hear experts opinions about this utility, its prospects and usefulness. Any feedbacks, suggestions, bug reports, feature requests etc are welcome. The tool project web page:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahaidukov
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Configuration Extraction

Hi All, Im trying to extract a bunch of systems configuration. I have created a file called data.txt and used the below scripts to run extraction of data. Content of data.txt: /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/cron.allow On the Linux terminal, I entered the following commands to execute my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerd
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to get system configuration

Hi, We have >1000 UNIX boxes in our environment with various UNIX flavors like Solaris, HP-UX and Redhat Linux ES 3/4/5. We need to collect their system configuration like - No. of CPUs and their frequencies - RAM Size - No. of HDDs installed and their usage - Exact OS Version and its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the system configuration on Sun solaris

Hi, Could you pls. let me know what is cammand in unix to check the system configuration on Sun solaris. Thanks in advance. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
2 Replies

7. Solaris

system configuration

how to identify if the machine is sun4u ? is this model a sun4u machine ? Model : Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI (UltraSPARC-IIi 300MHz), (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

my system configuration

Here with I am submitting a script , which is made for my use. It may be useful for anyone. I did't given in functions and all.... I am posting in this forum , because anyone can reply to this thread , for any change/addition. And yea , suggestions awaiting..:) #!/bin/bash # #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Create a CD with snapshot of the system after install and configuration

Hello folks, I pretend install Lubuntu 16.04 LTS in pc for any employer use this pc! I think create an user with, only, permission to read and write, 770. This is the best scenario? I think create this user through terminal, because I pretend create a script, and I don't where wizard has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enodev
0 Replies
cmscancl(1m)															      cmscancl(1m)

NAME
cmscancl - gather system configuration information from nodes with Serviceguard installed. SYNOPSIS
cmscancl [-n node_name]... [-s|-o output_file] DESCRIPTION
cmscancl is a configuration report and diagnostic tool intended only for use by HP Support Personnel. It gathers system software and hard- ware configuration information from a list of nodes, or from all the nodes in a cluster. The information that this command displays includes LAN device configuration, network status and interfaces, file systems, LVM configuration, link-level connectivity (HPUX only), IPv4/IPv6 connectivity, and the data from the binary cluster configuration file. This command can be used as a troubleshooting tool or as a data collection tool. This command is a Perl script which gathers system configuration information by executing various OS commands or tools. It uses the cmexec command to gather information from remote nodes. The -n option can be used to specify a list of nodes to be scanned, the nodes to be scanned do not need to be a member of a cluster. If the -n option is not specified, it will scan all the nodes in the local cluster. By default, the output of this command will go to the file /tmp/scancl.out. If the file /tmp/scancl.out already exists, the old file will be saved in /tmp/scancl.out.old. The -o option can be used to redirect output to a specified output file. If the -o option is not specified, output will go to the default output file /tmp/scancl.out. The -s option can be used to direct all output to the screen, instead of to an output file. Options cmscancl supports the following options: -n node_name... Specify the node(s) to be scanned. If this option is not specified and there is a cluster configured, all the nodes in the cluster will be scanned. If this option is not specified and there is no cluster configured, only the local node will be scanned. -o output_file Write configuration information to a specified output file. If this option is not specified, the information will be directed to stdout. -s Display the configuration information to the screen only. This option cannot be used in conjunction with the -o option. The output from this command contains the following information: LAN device configuration (On HP-UX, output from lanscan; On Linux, output from ifconfig) network status and interfaces (output from netstat) file systems (output from mount) LVM configuration (contents of /etc/lvmtab file) LVM physical vg information (contents of /etc/lvmpvg file) link-level connectivity (HP-UX only) (output from linkloop) IPv4/IPv6 connectivity (results from ping (and ping6 on Linux)) binary configuration file data (output from cmviewconf) RETURN VALUE
cmscancl returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
To gather the configuration information from node1 and node2 and to save the output in file /tmp/scancl.log: cmscancl -n node1 -n node2 -o /tmp/myscancl.log To gather the configuration information from all the nodes in the cluster and save the output to the file: /tmp/scancl.log: cmscancl -o /tmp/myscancl.log To gather the configuration information from all the nodes in the cluster and display the output on the screen: cmscancl -s To gather the configuration information from all the nodes in the cluster and save the output to the file /tmp/scancl.out: cmscancl AUTHOR
cmscancl was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
Linux: cmviewcl(1), mount(8), netstat(8), ping(8), ping6(8) HP-UX: cmviewcl(1m), lanscan(1m), linkloop(1m), mount(1m), netstat(1), ping(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmscancl(1m)