Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to create local homes Post 57092 by Steve Adcock on Monday 18th of October 2004 11:25:45 AM
Old 10-18-2004
OSX 10.3

Thanks I'll give it a try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script, reading and resetting local variables

Hello, I have a problem with trying to run a shell script that reads in user input, validates, and sets to a 'default' value if the input is not valid. I cannot get the portion of resetting to a default value to work. These lines are skipped, and the value of x is still whatever the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b888c
1 Replies

2. Linux

Local shell script need to be executed on a remote linux box

I need to execute a shell script on a remote linux box. But the shell script resides on the local linux box where I am currently logged in. Is there a way to do this? I know rsh <host> <command> can execute a command on the remote host. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshomallur
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell script on local machine

Hi guys, I need to run and test some shell script. At work, i work on ksh. I don't have any such software/client installed at home and i cannot always connect to work from home. At home i have Windows Vista. Is there a free and reliable software where i can run my ksh script? Please let me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to run the commands reading options from local file

I have to use shell script to run series of commands on another unix box by connecting through SSH and giving user credentials. For running commands on remote machine I have to use options reading from a local file. Process: Connecting to remote unix server <host1.ibm.com> through ssh Login: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsprout
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script 'system' linking to local shell script not working

Trying to figure out why this works: printpwd.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser ); print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; $A = system("pwd"); $A = `pwd`; print "$A\n"; ^^actually that works/breaks if that makes any sense.. i get the working directory twice but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL block in a Shell Script connecting to a local and remote DB

Hi All, In a Shell scriipt with a SQL block I want to issue a query against a local DB and a remote DB on a remote server. The shell script is running locally. This is how I connect to the local server. But I want the query to reference remote table in the join. Question can I specify a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script to run a local shell script on remote server using root access

local script: cat > first.sh cd /tmp echo $PWD echo `whoami` cd /tmp/123 tar -cvf 789.tar 456 sleep 10 except script: cat > first #!/usr/bin/expect set ip 10.5.15.20 set user "xyz123" set password "123456" set script first.sh spawn sh -c "ssh $user@$ip bash < $script" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya Avanth
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to have local shell variables in a ksh script seen on remove server in SSH block?

I have googled this and found many solutions, but none of them are working for me. I am in a korn shell, most others reference bsh, maybe that is the issue? Anyway, all I am trying to do is use a variable I have declared in my main script in a remote shell I am running through ssh. So I have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
8 Replies
OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)				      Virtualization Support					OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)

NAME
osinfo-install-script - generate a script for automated installation SYNOPSIS
osinfo-install-script [OPTIONS...] OS-ID DESCRIPTION
Generate a script suitable for performing an automated installation of "OS-ID". "OS-ID" should be a URI identifying the operating system, or its short ID. By default a script will be generated for a "JEOS" style install. OPTIONS
--profile=NAME Choose the installation script profile. Defaults to "jeos", but can also be "desktop", or a site specific profile name --config=key=value Set the configuration parameter "key" to "value". CONFIGURATION KEYS
The following configuration keys are available "hardware-arch" The hardware architecture "l10n-timezone" The local timezone "l10n-keyboard" The local keyboard layout "l10n-language" The local language "admin-password" The administrator password "user-password" The user password "user-login" The user login name "user-realname" The user real name "user-autologin" Whether to automatically login the user "user-admin" Whether to give the user administrative privileges "reg-product-key" The software registration key "reg-login" The software registration user login "reg-password" The software registration user password EXAMPLE USAGE
The following usage generates a Fedora 16 kickstart script # osinfo-install-script --profile jeos --config l10n-timezone=GMT --config l10n-keyboard=uk --config l10n-language=en_GB --config admin-password=123456 --config user-login=berrange --config user-password=123456 --config user-realname="Daniel P Berrange" fedora16 EXIT STATUS
The exit status will be 0 if an install script is generated, or 1 on error AUTHORS
Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@redhat.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Red Hat, Inc. LICENSE
"osinfo-install-script" is distributed under the termsof the GNU LGPL v2 license. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE libosinfo-0.2.7 2013-04-10 OSINFO-INSTALL-SCRIPT.C(1)