Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Just saying hello
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Just saying hello Post 57048 by m8trix on Saturday 16th of October 2004 10:12:51 AM
Old 10-16-2004
Bug Just saying hello

hey guys. Looking foward to touching bases with people who could teach me about, and actually know about unix . Since I am new at this I have been bumbling around with tutorials and books. Now I feel it would be really useful to actualy take advantage of the knowledge of others who know what they are talking about and learn as much as I can.

RINGS3D(1)						      General Commands Manual							RINGS3D(1)

NAME
rigns3d - produces a file of ring-filling triangles from a PDB file SYNOPSIS
rings3d [-bases] [-protein] [-sugars] < infile.pdb > outfile.r3d rings3d searches through a PDB file looking for residues containing 5- or 6-membered rings, then produces a Raster3D output file of ring- filling triangles. rings3d matches residue types from an internal list of residue and atom names. It will fail to find residues not in its list, and fail to recognize atoms with non-standard names. EXAMPLES
render a DNA molecule with the bases filled in: cat $R3D_LIB/dna.colours dna.pdb | rods -radius 0.05 > temp.1 rings3d -bases < dna.pdb > temp.2 cat temp.1 temp.2 | render -tiff dna.tiff OPTIONS
-bases Fills in purine and pyrimidine rings from A C G T U residues. -protein Fills in sidechain rings of HIS PHE TRP and TYR residues. -sugars [This is the default] Fills in pyranose rings of GAL GLC NAG NGA MAN SIA residues. BUGS
limited residue types The database of residue types should be kept externally, so you don't have to rebuild the program to add a new type. There should be an option to search for ring systems in un-recognized residue types. crinkled planes There should be an option to do a least-squares best plane through supposedly flat rings. Then again, seeing a crease in a "flat" ring may force people to consider whether their planarity restraints are tight enough. SOURCE
anonymous ftp site: ftp.bmsc.washington.edu web URL: http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/raster3d.html contact: Ethan A Merritt Dept of Biological Structure Box 357742 University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195 merritt@u.washington.edu SEE ALSO
Raster3D(l) AUTHORS
Ethan A Merritt. This manual page was written by Nelson A. de Oliveira <naoliv@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Raster3D RINGS3D(1)