Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: note for admin
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators note for admin Post 57005 by moxxx68 on Friday 15th of October 2004 11:48:18 AM
Old 10-15-2004
Computer sorry for bumping...

Smilie sorry for bumping but I am kind of excited that I have some privilages and it seems to be going to my head.. on the other hand i would like to be a positive example for some of the newer users so I guess I owe an apology..
yours trully thanx moxxx68
Smilie Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
TKILL(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  TKILL(2)

NAME
tkill, tgkill - send a signal to a thread SYNOPSIS
int tkill(int tid, int sig); int tgkill(int tgid, int tid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
tgkill() sends the signal sig to the thread with the thread ID tid in the thread group tgid. (By contrast, kill(2) can only be used to send a signal to a process (i.e., thread group) as a whole, and the signal will be delivered to an arbitrary thread within that process.) tkill() is an obsolete predecessor to tgkill(). It only allows the target thread ID to be specified, which may result in the wrong thread being signaled if a thread terminates and its thread ID is recycled. Avoid using this system call. If tgid is specified as -1, tgkill() is equivalent to tkill(). These are the raw system call interfaces, meant for internal thread library use. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL An invalid thread ID, thread group ID, or signal was specified. EPERM Permission denied. For the required permissions, see kill(2). ESRCH No process with the specified thread ID (and thread group ID) exists. VERSIONS
tkill() is supported since Linux 2.4.19 / 2.5.4. tgkill() was added in Linux 2.5.75. CONFORMING TO
tkill() and tgkill() are Linux-specific and should not be used in programs that are intended to be portable. NOTES
See the description of CLONE_THREAD in clone(2) for an explanation of thread groups. Glibc does not provide wrappers for these system calls; call them using syscall(2). SEE ALSO
clone(2), gettid(2), kill(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-01 TKILL(2)