Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Meaning of unix-rt ldp file type Post 56923 by jfmrts on Thursday 14th of October 2004 02:39:43 PM
Old 10-14-2004
Meaning of unix-rt ldp file type

Hello

I was wondering what this file type means...
assuming it is some type of data.
Is ldp - Linux Doc Program?

What type of program would be used to read or interpret this file type?

As you can see I'm not a developer, and don't review these
types of files. But would like to view the contents if possible.

It's some type of stats data file with timestamp.

switch.101420041700-0b: unix-rt ldp

Thanks
Jeff

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

you have more and one unix type?

As a formem unix newbe I Just wanted to tell you about this cool site for all you confused people. If you need to support more than one unix type: Use this one. It's a life saver. http://www.unixguide.net/unixguide.shtml here (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of ; in UNIX file?

Hello. I'm looking at a file that has a ; at the beginning of certain lines. Could someone please tell me what that means? Is it a comment? Is it an execute? Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: willdaw3
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oot: Level 2 Unix Support? meaning

Hi all, I am sorry, I know this is not correct forum/silly question (usually this is requirement in some vacancies), but i hope someone can explain to me, what is the meaning of : SUN Tier 3 Support Tier 3 Application Installation Level 2 Solaris Level 2 AD MOM + DBA Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
0 Replies

4. Programming

Platform type in Unix

Hi all, How does one get the platform type in UNIX (for e.g. sparc/i386)? I need an function call and not the command like uname -p. thanks! (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
24 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Verify the data type in a file with UNIX function

I am seeking help on this UNIX function, please help. Thanks in advance. I have a large file, named as 'MyFile'. It was tab-delmited, I am told that each record in column 1 is unique. How would I verify this with UNIX function or command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duke0001
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of '$#' in Unix

All, In the below mentioned piece of code : if test $# -eq 1 then echo "Input parameter passed into DMI_weekly.ksh..." | tee -a $RUNLOG typeset -u ORACLE_SID export ORACLE_SID="$1" else echo "ERROR 060: Arguments passed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of each term in stty -a in unix

Hi, Can someone help me with the meaning of each term in the below command in unix: stty-aRegds, I have searched google for a lot for this, but didnt get any success in this. Kunwar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In UNIX which following type of file is used for network communications

a) FIFO B) SOCKET C) DIRECTORY D) BLOCK PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE ANSWER Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules. Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghugowda
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Script - snipet meaning?

What would the below code snippet mean? my ($_configParam, $_paramValue) = split(/\s*=\s*/, $_, 2); $configParamHash{$_configParam} = $_paramValue; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaKha
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the meaning of ## in UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I am new to unix shell scripting and I was documenting one of the unix script and encountered below statements - for ii in `ls -1rt /oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/*.small.txt | tail -1 | awk '{print $1}'` do smallssim=${ii##/oracle/admin/MARSCOPY/ext_files/fpm-ifpm/}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuklajayb4
2 Replies
txt2pdbdoc(1)						      General Commands Manual						     txt2pdbdoc(1)

NAME
txt2pdbdoc - Text to Doc file converter for Palm Pilots SYNOPSIS
txt2pdbdoc [-b] [-c] [-v] document-name file.txt file.pdb txt2pdbdoc -d [-D] [-v] file.pdb [ file.txt ] txt2pdbdoc -V DESCRIPTION
txt2pdbdoc converts a plain text file to a Doc(4) file in PDB (Pilot Database) format used by all models of the Palm Pilot. (It can also convert a Doc file to plain text.) Resultant PDB files can be downloaded directly to a Pilot during a HotSync. The document-name is used in the Document List view of a Doc reader application on the Pilot. OPTIONS
-b Ordinarily, characters with an ASCII code less than 9 are removed and both carriage-returns and form-feeds are converted to newlines. This option suppresses that behavior. -c Ordinarily, text is compressed. This option suppresses compression. -d Decode the given Doc file to text either to a file or to standard output if no file is specified. -D Do not check the file type/creator of the file to decode. This option should be specified only if you know for sure that the file is in fact some sort of Doc file. Attempting to decode non-Doc files will result in undefined behavior and quite possibly crash. -v Verbose mode. For encoding, print progress and compression statistics per 4K of text to standard error as well as overall statistics when completed; for decoding, print progress in a ``countdown'' style. -V Print the version number of txt2pdbdoc to standard output and exit. EXAMPLE
To convert a text file to Doc file: txt2pdbdoc 'Through the Looking Glass' alice.txt alice.pdb EXIT STATUS
Exits with one of the values given below: 0 Success. 1 Error in command-line options or use. 2 Unable to open source file. 3 Unable to open destination file. 4 Unable to read file. 5 Unable to write file. 6 File is not a Doc file. 7 Doc file uses unknown compression type. CAVEATS
1. Document names are limited to 31 characters in PDB format. Longer names are truncated but have the 29-31st characters replaced by ``...'' to indicate truncation. 2. The command isn't called ``txt2doc'' to avoid confusion about possibly having anything to do with Microsoft Word documents that use the .doc extension. SEE ALSO
html2pdbtxt(1), pdbtxt2html(1), doc(4), pdb(4) AUTHOR
Paul J. Lucas <pauljlucas@mac.com> txt2pdbdoc January 21, 2005 txt2pdbdoc(1)