Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to burn these files...?
Operating Systems BSD how to burn these files...? Post 56880 by D-iew on Thursday 14th of October 2004 02:10:50 AM
Old 10-14-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by auswipe
You can burn the 5.2.1-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso and be good to go if you have prior experience with FreeBSD.

If not, just burn the disk1 and that should be all you need for a basic installation to learn on.

Be sure to take a good look at the FreeBSD Handbook available at www.freebsd.org/Handbook. It's a real good source of FreeBSD documentation that covers installation and configuration.
can u speak norwegian, swedish or denmark? i dont understand what ur saying!

Last edited by D-iew; 10-14-2004 at 03:16 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burn cdrom with solaris

Hallo, who can help me to configure a scsi cd writer to my sun server enterprice 1000. 1. Hardware configuration 2. Burn program etc.. Please send me links or dokuments were i can get more infos about this theme. regards joerg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burn long filenames to CD

I downloaded a file with a name like "longfilename.cpio.gz" from a WinXP machine and burned it to a CD with Nero. When I mounted this CD on my Solaris box, all I could read was the first 8 characters of the filename (ie. "longfile"). Do I need to burn these files with a certain format so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Music cd burn

Allo. I do a program using shell script to burn cds and dvds because I don't want to install one with kde or gnome dependance. I want to optimize one of my shell script. this shell script is to burn music cds. I juste have to go in shell and write : burn_cd_music audio1.mp3 audio2.mp3 audio1.ogg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bog333
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

burn clarification procedure

without having to write a mini series novel. i have read the disk utility / help / burn, innuendo solution. would the correct procedure to burn a Linux Mint Installation DVD/CD onto a USB device be: 1- select the CD/DVD. 2- click burn 3 - in the pop up window that follows choose the USB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cowLips
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
README.freebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl 5.8.0 sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. There is a bug on FreeBSD, where the result of reading this symlink is can be wrong in certain circumstances (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. Perl will no longer be part of "base FreeBSD" Not as bad as it sounds--what this means is that Perl will no longer be part of the kernel build system of FreeBSD. Perl will still very probably be part of the "default install", and in any case the latest version will be in the ports system. The first FreeBSD version this change will affect is 5.0, all 4.n versions will keep the status quo. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.8.9 2007-11-17 PERLFREEBSD(1)