Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to burn these files...?
Operating Systems BSD how to burn these files...? Post 56880 by D-iew on Thursday 14th of October 2004 02:10:50 AM
Old 10-14-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by auswipe
You can burn the 5.2.1-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso and be good to go if you have prior experience with FreeBSD.

If not, just burn the disk1 and that should be all you need for a basic installation to learn on.

Be sure to take a good look at the FreeBSD Handbook available at www.freebsd.org/Handbook. It's a real good source of FreeBSD documentation that covers installation and configuration.
can u speak norwegian, swedish or denmark? i dont understand what ur saying!

Last edited by D-iew; 10-14-2004 at 03:16 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burn cdrom with solaris

Hallo, who can help me to configure a scsi cd writer to my sun server enterprice 1000. 1. Hardware configuration 2. Burn program etc.. Please send me links or dokuments were i can get more infos about this theme. regards joerg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burn long filenames to CD

I downloaded a file with a name like "longfilename.cpio.gz" from a WinXP machine and burned it to a CD with Nero. When I mounted this CD on my Solaris box, all I could read was the first 8 characters of the filename (ie. "longfile"). Do I need to burn these files with a certain format so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Music cd burn

Allo. I do a program using shell script to burn cds and dvds because I don't want to install one with kde or gnome dependance. I want to optimize one of my shell script. this shell script is to burn music cds. I juste have to go in shell and write : burn_cd_music audio1.mp3 audio2.mp3 audio1.ogg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bog333
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

burn clarification procedure

without having to write a mini series novel. i have read the disk utility / help / burn, innuendo solution. would the correct procedure to burn a Linux Mint Installation DVD/CD onto a USB device be: 1- select the CD/DVD. 2- click burn 3 - in the pop up window that follows choose the USB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cowLips
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
BURN(1) 							       Burn								   BURN(1)

NAME
burn - record from various sources to optical media (CD, DVD) SYNOPSIS
burn MAIN_MODE [OPTIONS]... [FILE/S]... burn --help DESCRIPTION
CD-writing program/script. Features Data-CD, Audio-CD, Copy on the fly, Iso-CD. CONFIGURATION
Configuration files for burn are: ~/.burnrc or /etc/burn.conf. You can edit them to change values. If you don't have these files you can: 1. use burn-configure utility 2. take the configuration template, edit and copy it as ~/.burnrc or /etc/burn.conf MAIN MODES
-D, --data-cd To create Data-CD -I, --iso-cd To create ISO-CD -C, --copy-cd To copy CDs -A, --audio-cd To create an audio CD from WAV, MP3 and ogg files EXAMPLES
# burn -D -p /etc/ Creates a CD with /etc/ contents. (you will find files and directories contained in /etc in CD's root.) # burn -D -p /home/bigpaul/video/summer_2003/spain.tar.gz Creates a CD with spain.tar.gz in CD's root # burn -D -r /etc/ Creates a CD containing the whole /etc/ directory. (-r preserves path) # burn -D -c /mail_2003 /home/bigpaul/Mail -p /boot/vmli* Creates a CD containing the whole /home/bigpaul/Mail renamed into /mail_2003. (-c changes path name). This command also adds in CD's root every vmli* file in /boot/ directory # burn -I -n image.iso Burns image.iso # burn -C Copy CDs (disk at once). # burn -A -a *.wav Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from wav files # burn -A -a *.mp3 Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from mp3 files # burn -A -a *.ogg Creates an Audio CD. Tracks come from Ogg Vorbis files # burn -A -a *.mp3 file.ogg track01.wav Creates an Audio CD preserving input order. In this example the first audio tracks will come from mp3 files, than we will find the one from file.ogg and finally the one from track01.wav GENERAL OPTIONS
-s, --simulate to perform a burn simulation DATA-CD OPTIONS -p, --path add file/s or path's content to CD-ROM's root. e.g.: -p /cvs/myproj/. In this example we will find CD-ROM's root filled with /cvs/myproj/ contents, but no /cvs/myproj/ will be created -r, --preserve-path add file/s or path's content to CD-ROM preserving original path. e.g.: -r /cvs/myproj/. In this example we will find /cvs/myproj/ in CD-ROM's root -x, --exclude-path every file or directory matching this string will not be included -c, --change-path old_path will be named new_path in CD-ROM. e.g.: -c /my_home/2004_Jan/ /home/bigpaul/. Thus /home/bigpaul/ will be named /my_home/2004_Jan/ in CD-ROM. -l, --follow-symlink this option allows burn to follow symbolic link directories -m, --multisession this option allows multisession CDs ISO-CD OPTIONS -n, --name image name AUDIO-CD OPTIONS -a, --audio-file mp3, ogg or wav file/s AUTHOR
Ben Finney <ben+python@benfinney.id.au>, Gaetano Paolone <bigpaul@hacknight.org> COPYRIGHT
This is free software: you may copy, modify, and/or distribute this work under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later as published by the Free Software Foundation. No warranty expressed or implied. See the source for details. 2009-07-22 BURN(1)