Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to burn these files...?
Operating Systems BSD how to burn these files...? Post 56880 by D-iew on Thursday 14th of October 2004 02:10:50 AM
Old 10-14-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by auswipe
You can burn the 5.2.1-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso and be good to go if you have prior experience with FreeBSD.

If not, just burn the disk1 and that should be all you need for a basic installation to learn on.

Be sure to take a good look at the FreeBSD Handbook available at www.freebsd.org/Handbook. It's a real good source of FreeBSD documentation that covers installation and configuration.
can u speak norwegian, swedish or denmark? i dont understand what ur saying!

Last edited by D-iew; 10-14-2004 at 03:16 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burn cdrom with solaris

Hallo, who can help me to configure a scsi cd writer to my sun server enterprice 1000. 1. Hardware configuration 2. Burn program etc.. Please send me links or dokuments were i can get more infos about this theme. regards joerg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burn long filenames to CD

I downloaded a file with a name like "longfilename.cpio.gz" from a WinXP machine and burned it to a CD with Nero. When I mounted this CD on my Solaris box, all I could read was the first 8 characters of the filename (ie. "longfile"). Do I need to burn these files with a certain format so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Music cd burn

Allo. I do a program using shell script to burn cds and dvds because I don't want to install one with kde or gnome dependance. I want to optimize one of my shell script. this shell script is to burn music cds. I juste have to go in shell and write : burn_cd_music audio1.mp3 audio2.mp3 audio1.ogg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bog333
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

burn clarification procedure

without having to write a mini series novel. i have read the disk utility / help / burn, innuendo solution. would the correct procedure to burn a Linux Mint Installation DVD/CD onto a USB device be: 1- select the CD/DVD. 2- click burn 3 - in the pop up window that follows choose the USB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cowLips
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
GETOSRELDATE(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   GETOSRELDATE(3)

NAME
getosreldate -- get the value of __FreeBSD_version LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int getosreldate(void); DESCRIPTION
The getosreldate() function returns an integer showing the version of the currently running FreeBSD kernel. Definitions of the values can be found in The Porter's Handbook which is usually installed at /usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, getosreldate() returns the value requested; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ENVIRONMENT
OSVERSION If the environment variable OSVERSION is set, it will override the getosreldate() return value. EXAMPLES
An example can be found in /usr/share/examples/FreeBSD_version. ERRORS
The getosreldate() function may fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the library function sysctl(3). SEE ALSO
The Porter's Handbook, /usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/. HISTORY
The getosreldate() function appeared in FreeBSD 2.0. BSD
September 30, 2008 BSD