Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to burn these files...?
Operating Systems BSD how to burn these files...? Post 56867 by auswipe on Wednesday 13th of October 2004 03:19:14 PM
Old 10-13-2004
You can burn the 5.2.1-RELEASE-i386-miniinst.iso and be good to go if you have prior experience with FreeBSD.

If not, just burn the disk1 and that should be all you need for a basic installation to learn on.

Be sure to take a good look at the FreeBSD Handbook available at www.freebsd.org/Handbook. It's a real good source of FreeBSD documentation that covers installation and configuration.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burn cdrom with solaris

Hallo, who can help me to configure a scsi cd writer to my sun server enterprice 1000. 1. Hardware configuration 2. Burn program etc.. Please send me links or dokuments were i can get more infos about this theme. regards joerg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burn long filenames to CD

I downloaded a file with a name like "longfilename.cpio.gz" from a WinXP machine and burned it to a CD with Nero. When I mounted this CD on my Solaris box, all I could read was the first 8 characters of the filename (ie. "longfile"). Do I need to burn these files with a certain format so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Music cd burn

Allo. I do a program using shell script to burn cds and dvds because I don't want to install one with kde or gnome dependance. I want to optimize one of my shell script. this shell script is to burn music cds. I juste have to go in shell and write : burn_cd_music audio1.mp3 audio2.mp3 audio1.ogg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bog333
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

burn clarification procedure

without having to write a mini series novel. i have read the disk utility / help / burn, innuendo solution. would the correct procedure to burn a Linux Mint Installation DVD/CD onto a USB device be: 1- select the CD/DVD. 2- click burn 3 - in the pop up window that follows choose the USB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cowLips
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
perlfreebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by using "sysctl" with "KERN_PROC_PATHNAME" if that is supported, else by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. FreeBSD 7 and earlier has a bug where either approach sometimes returns an incorrect value (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 PERLFREEBSD(1)