Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet in for remote admin but not getting it Post 5678 by b5fnpct on Monday 20th of August 2001 02:49:52 PM
Old 08-20-2001
What's the problem you encountered? Perssion denied or couldn't find the command? or anything else?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Openserver 5.0.4 can't be ping or telnet into from a remote site

Hi, Can anybody help me out why l can't not ping my server with Openserver 5.0.4 with my windows machine from a remote site. The machine could see the local LAN with the Router however, i can't ping or telnet unto the server from another site on the WAN. The default gateway was configure on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote monitoring of device by telnet

There is programm of monitoring by telnet. The main body of script is mkfifo pipe0 telnet $host $port < pipe0 > file0 & then after analizing of file0 printf "commands\r" > pipe0 This programm worked till then I kill pipe0 during working of programm. Now this script dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ILA
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet to remote server

Hi every1 well i am new to unix scripting but i have been seeking help from this forum the question i want to write a script to telnet to a remote server and put the username and pwd in the script the problem is that i want to run some commands on the remote server and get the results in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanabbas
2 Replies

4. SCO

Remote connection trought Telnet

Well... finally I took and old SCO Server and it works fine to keep working my ERP, but now I have a "LITTLE" trouble... with the other server we've made a connection trought TinyTerm with a DYNDNS Domain, in my firewall I noticed that there's a RULE establishing that the IP 192.168.0.1 (Server IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LIA_RAG
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute scripts from remote using telnet

Hi having the below code (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "password" sleep 2 echo "cd /home/test1/path" sleep 10 echo "ls -l | grep filename" if exists echo "script1.sh filename" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed" user@domain.com" else echo "mailx -s "File not Exist"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with remote execution of script using telnet

Hi all, i am trying to remotely execute a script from a different server. this is the code that i use : #!bin/sh pwd (sleep 1 echo "username" sleep 2 echo "pwd" sleep 2 echo "cd /path/to/file" if then echo "script1.sh" echo "mailx -s "Task Executed"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause for remote computing in Telnet script

I am running a telnet script that connects to a database server and executes sql scripts. While the remote database is processing the commands within the sql scripts, my telnet script continues to send commands. Okay, that's fine. They get queued up in the remote server and executed sequentially.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldjuke
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Logging remote telnet sessions via script

Hi, My requirement - for security purpose - I want all root logins to my solaris servers are done by a script kept in a separate unix box. This script will telnet into remote solaris server with root user and log every session via log file. Now my purpose is to log every telnet session... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_jain250
3 Replies

9. BSD

Ping remote sever, nc, telnet, whatever

I put this thread to shell and bsd, because I want to resolve this matter on bsd. May somebody can explain to me how to ping a remote server, in unix. BTW the following code examples were tried on a linux system as well, with the same output, nothing. But on my bsd are not installed nmap neither... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
4 Replies
rsh(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   rsh(1M)

NAME
rsh, restricted_shell - restricted shell command interpreter SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/rsh [-acefhiknprstuvx] [argument...] DESCRIPTION
rsh is a limiting version of the standard command interpreter sh, used to restrict logins to execution environments whose capabilities are more controlled than those of sh (see sh(1) for complete description and usage). When the shell is invoked, it scans the environment for the value of the environmental variable, SHELL. If it is found and rsh is the file name part of its value, the shell becomes a restricted shell. The actions of rsh are identical to those of sh, except that the following are disallowed: o changing directory (see cd(1)), o setting the value of $PATH, o pecifying path or command names containing /, o redirecting output (> and >>). The restrictions above are enforced after .profile is interpreted. A restricted shell can be invoked in one of the following ways: 1. rsh is the file name part of the last entry in the /etc/passwd file (see passwd(4)); 2. the environment variable SHELL exists and rsh is the file name part of its value; the environment variable SHELL needs to be set in the .login file; 3. the shell is invoked and rsh is the file name part of argument 0; 4. the shell is invoke with the -r option. When a command to be executed is found to be a shell procedure, rsh invokes sh to execute it. Thus, it is possible to provide to the end- user shell procedures that have access to the full power of the standard shell, while imposing a limited menu of commands; this scheme assumes that the end-user does not have write and execute permissions in the same directory. The net effect of these rules is that the writer of the .profile (see profile(4)) has complete control over user actions by performing guaranteed setup actions and leaving the user in an appropriate directory (probably not the login directory). The system administrator often sets up a directory of commands (that is, /usr/rbin) that can be safely invoked by a restricted shell. Some systems also provide a restricted editor, red. EXIT STATUS
Errors detected by the shell, such as syntax errors, cause the shell to return a non-zero exit status. If the shell is being used non- interactively execution of the shell file is abandoned. Otherwise, the shell returns the exit status of the last command executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(1), cd(1), login(1), rsh(1), sh(1), exec(2), passwd(4), profile(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The restricted shell, /usr/lib/rsh, should not be confused with the remote shell, /usr/bin/rsh, which is documented in rsh(1). SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 1993 rsh(1M)