Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: First Job
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? First Job Post 56681 by Perderabo on Thursday 7th of October 2004 09:43:42 PM
Old 10-07-2004
Apology accepted. Smilie

As for this thread, I'm not sure which job to mention. Smilie I was a fortran programmer long before I ever heard of unix. And even some more recent programmers may have worked on other platfoms first.

But I guess that you asked for the first unix role. I was working on an HP 1000 running RTE 6. I was mostly an assembler programmer with a little fortran. We switched to C on Unix. I liked C, but I wasn't happy about leaving RTE. But I got over it. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at job

How do I configure my solaris 8 machine to run a job using at scheduler, as a different user. my at job only run as a root user, but i want to configure users to run at job. I try to run a job to copy file like at "time" </copy_script but this only run, if I run as a root user. the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job dependent on other job

Hi All I am trying to run one command ie grep but I want it should execute only after the completion of a shell script has finished. eg Following is my script : java -mx64m $JAVA_OPTS -Dant.home=$ANT_HOME -classpath $_CLASSPATH org.apache.tools.ant.Main -verbose -buildfile /opt/bea/wls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert child job under a box job?

I have this box job and it contains only one job under it which is to load a file. I want to insert a "File Watcher", "Copy File" to it? Have no clue how to do that...any help plzzz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

At job

Hi I am using at job in my SHELL scripts.. When it prompts to enter the time for at job..I used to press enter(return) button.. After that its running the job properly, but its showing the below error UX:at: ERROR: Bad date specification.. Can some one suggest how to remove that error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job: Job did not start

I have submitted an autosys job and force start it. Autosys hit the job 4 times to restart but it did not start and finally I terminate the job. Any idea why the job did not start. Below is the code I executed. 1214 missun0ap /export/home/bzn97r/develop/dswi/jil$ sendevent -E FORCE_STARTJOB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
0 Replies
ORTE_SNAPC(7)							     Open MPI							     ORTE_SNAPC(7)

NAME
ORTE_SNAPC - Open RTE MCA Snapshot Coordination (SnapC) Framework: Overview of Open RTE's SnapC framework, and selected modules. Open MPI 1.4.5 DESCRIPTION
Open RTE can coordinate the generation of a global snapshot of a parallel job from many distributed local snapshots. The components in this framework determine how to: Initiate the checkpoint of the parallel application, gather together the many distributed local snapshots, and provide the user with a global snapshot handle reference that can be used to restart the parallel application. GENERAL PROCESS REQUIREMENTS
In order for a process to use the Open RTE SnapC components it must adhear to a few programmatic requirements. First, the program must call ORTE_INIT early in its execution. This should only be called once, and it is not possible to checkpoint the process without it first having called this function. The program must call ORTE_FINALIZE before termination. A user may initiate a checkpoint of a parallel application by using the orte-checkpoint(1) and orte-restart(1) commands. AVAILABLE COMPONENTS
Open RTE ships with one SnapC component: full. The following MCA parameters apply to all components: snapc_base_verbose Set the verbosity level for all components. Default is 0, or silent except on error. snapc_base_global_snapshot_dir The directory to store the checkpoint snapshots. Default is /tmp. full SnapC Component The full component gathers together the local snapshots to the disk local to the Head Node Process (HNP) before completing the checkpoint of the process. This component does not currently support replicated HNPs, or timer based gathering of local snapshot data. This is a 3-tiered hierarchy of coordinators. The full component has the following MCA parameters: snapc_full_priority The component's priority to use when selecting the most appropriate component for a run. snapc_full_verbose Set the verbosity level for this component. Default is 0, or silent except on error. none SnapC Component The none component simply selects no SnapC component. All of the SnapC function calls return immediately with ORTE_SUCCESS. This component is the last component to be selected by default. This means that if another component is available, and the none component was not explicity requested then ORTE will attempt to activate all of the available components before falling back to this component. SEE ALSO
orte-checkpoint(1), orte-restart(1), opal-checkpoint(1), opal-restart(1), orte_filem(7), opal_crs(7) 1.4.5 Feb 10, 2012 ORTE_SNAPC(7)