Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet refused / reverse DNS issue? Post 56550 by hassan2 on Tuesday 5th of October 2004 12:33:21 PM
Old 10-05-2004
yes you can put an entry of subnet in hosts.allow

telnetd: 171.65.0.0/255.255.0.0
or
telnetd: 171.65.30.0/255.255.255.0

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

telnet connection refused

I installed Openserver 5.0.7 and I cannot telnet to the localhost and I can't telnet from my old SCO 3.2.42 to the new SCO machine but I can ping the new machine and it will telnet to the old machine. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: printrick
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse DNS problem

Hi everyone, I am having a problem in the following area: I want to arrange list of Ip Addresses selected from a multiple files and make it look like this: "IP=192.168.0.1, hostname=snake.cooliris.com" Now i have already written the code to select the ip address from various files but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snake450
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[DNS] Reverse Lookup for 2 IP Addresses

Originally I had the server at home and on Comcast so I used dyndns.org for DNS. Once the server got a bit more popular, I leased a server at a colo facility. They set up the server name in their DNS so I didn't really have any reason to manage my own DNS. DynDNS was managing the domains and I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dnsstuff says no reverse dns in place, but there is!

Folks...have just stumbled on an issue where DNSstuff says there is no reverse dns in place when there is...as evidenced by a reverse check from 3 diff networks. Any advice why this would be happening (DNSstuff-wise) would be appreciated. Jordan: jsd@standby:~$ host 12.177.133.70... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsd
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Reverse DNS

Hello, I'm trying to get reverse dns to point to my domain on network but I'm failing. I am using bind dns with port 53 enabled and my ISP is mediacom. Currently my reverse dns is *.client.mchsi.com and I would like to make it example.com basically. My bind configuration I have 2 records, one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GRMrGecko
4 Replies

6. AIX

ping OK - telnet refused

Hi, After a crash of our older AIX server it happend as it is in the title: ping is ok, but telnet: What it can be this strange thing? Franci (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
2 Replies

7. Linux

Telnet Connection refused error

Hi all, i got stuck with telnet issue, I am not able to telnet on 4001 port it show connection refused. with default port it will open # telnet 127.0.0.1 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to 127.0.0.1. Escape character is '^]'. Fedora release 14 (Laughlin) Kernel 2.6.35.6-45.fc14.i686 on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP connection refused issue

Hi All, I am using the below script to get some files from the remote location HOST='Test03' USER='root' PASSWD='*****' FILE='/home/user/d.txt' ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD get $FILE quit END_SCRIPT exit 0 But ist is giving me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

DNS reverse lookup issue

Hi guys. Ok so let me lay out my configs. I can do a NSlookup from client to server BUT NOT a reverse lookup. DNS server: Optimus.jaydomain.com IP : 192.168.1.50 DNS Client: Megatron.jaydomain.com IP : 192.168.1.60 On Sever: # cat /etc/named.conf // // named.conf // // Provided... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::URI::telnet -- Returns a pattern for telnet URIs. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /URI/; while (<>) { /$RE{URI}{telnet}/ and print "Contains a telnet URI. "; } DESCRIPTION
$RE{URI}{telnet} Returns a pattern that matches telnet URIs, as defined by RFC 1738. Telnet URIs have the form: "telnet:" "//" [ user [ ":" password ] "@" ] host [ ":" port ] [ "/" ] Under "{-keep}", the following are returned: $1 The complete URI. $2 The scheme. $3 The username:password combo, or just the username if there is no password. $4 The username, if given. $5 The password, if given. $6 The host:port combo, or just the host if there's no port. $7 The host. $8 The port, if given. $9 The trailing slash, if any. REFERENCES
[RFC 1738] Berners-Lee, Tim, Masinter, L., McCahill, M.: Uniform Resource Locators (URL). December 1994. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common::URI for other supported URIs. AUTHOR
Damian Conway (damian@conway.org) MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.16.2 2010-02-23 Regexp::Common::URI::telnet(3)