Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using Fedora Core 2
Operating Systems Linux Using Fedora Core 2 Post 56435 by Quake on Saturday 2nd of October 2004 10:18:03 PM
Old 10-02-2004
well, my soundcard only works with the sndconfig , but fedora core 2 only has alsa.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fedora Core 2 Snapshot

These are not my desktop (I am still using FC1), they are from Internet forum. http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot1.jpg http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot2.jpg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
0 Replies

2. Linux

Migrate from RH 8.0 to Fedora Core 2

I have done some research on the Fedora Project and trying to find clear cut answer on how to migrate from current OS - RH 8.0 Pro to Fedora Core 2. Can anybody help me with this and does Fedora Core 2 include OpenOffice and Ximian Evolution like with my RH 8.0 Pro. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark McWilliams
3 Replies

3. Linux

being probed Fedora core 2

Lucky me...someone's trying to hack into my mythtv box through ssh. Can I make a policy or something similar to refuse connections from a specific IP after a certain amount of failed logins? attached is some of the output from /var/log/messages (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Linux

Trying to install Fedora Core 3...

Hiya all, Hope you can help. I keep getting the same Error message when I try to install. I have tried several different Diskettes. And I finally ordered CDs from "FASTDISCs". The install "disc Checks" passed fine on these. The error: "The package usbitils-0.11.6.1 cannot be opened. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
8 Replies

5. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

8. Linux

fedora core 6 problem

hi all i am currently using fedora core 3 . i downloaded the iso image of fedora core 6 but after installing the fedora core 6 . while starting linux it gives a error saying init is been killed . wht is happened? thank u (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
3 Replies

9. Linux

mysql in fedora core 4

hi i dont know much about linux but my boss gave me a job to backup all the mysql database and tables from fedora core4 running as web/database server. i can enter in fedora using remote desktop from my laptop but after that i am unable to do anything. if any one can help me in finding mysql and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: obstinate
3 Replies

10. SuSE

Navigation of Fedora Core 6

Hi. Not sure if this should go in the beginners section, so forgivness please if it's not correctly placed. I just installed Linux Fedora Core 6 on my home computer (and am very very new to this) so I can learn more about it. However, I am looking for the FC6 equivalent to the System Device... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
2 Replies
SMMIXER(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							SMMIXER(8)

NAME
smmixer - get/set Linux soundcard packet radio modem driver mixer SYNOPSIS
smmixer [-i device] [ params ] DESCRIPTION
smmixer displays and/or sets the input source and input and output levels of a soundcard modem port. OPTIONS
smmixer accepts the following option: -i The device argument specifies the soundcard modem device which should be configured or interrogated. It will usually have the fol- lowing form: sm[0-3]. PARAMETERS
The AD1848 (WSS) mixer accepts the following parameters: ol=val sets the level of the left output to the specified value. Legal values are from -100..0dB. or=val sets the level of the right output to the specified value. Legal values are from -100..0dB. o=val sets the level of both outputs to the specified value. Legal values are from -100..0dB. il=val sets the level of the left input to the specified value. Legal values are from 0..43dB. ir=val sets the level of the right input to the specified value. Legal values are from 0..43dB. i=val sets the level of both inputs to the specified value. Legal values are from 0..43dB. sl=val sets the source of the left input to the specified value. Legal values are line, aux1, mic or dac. sr=val sets the source of the right input to the specified value. Legal values are line, aux1, mic or dac. s=val sets the source of both inputs to the specified value. Legal values are line, aux1, mic or dac. The CT1335 (SB2.x) mixer accepts the following parameter: o=val sets the output level to the specified value. Legal values are from -46..0dB. The CT1345 (SBPro) mixer accepts the following parameters: ol=val sets the level of the left output to the specified value. Legal values are from -46..0dB. or=val sets the level of the right output to the specified value. Legal values are from -46..0dB. o=val sets the level of both outputs to the specified value. Legal values are from -46..0dB. s=val sets the input source to the specified value. Legal values are mic, cd or line. The CT1745 (SB16, SB32 AWE) mixer accepts the following parameters: ol=val sets the level of the left output to the specified value. Legal values are from -62..18dB. or=val sets the level of the right output to the specified value. Legal values are from -62..18dB. o=val sets the level of both outputs to the specified value. Legal values are from -62..18dB. il=val sets the level of the left input to the specified value. Legal values are from -62..18dB. ir=val sets the level of the right input to the specified value. Legal values are from -62..18dB. i=val sets the level of both inputs to the specified value. Legal values are from -62..18dB. s=val enables the specified value as a source. Legal values are line, line.l, line.r, midi, midi.l, midi.r, cd, cd.l, cd.r or mic. CONSIDERATIONS
It is important that the audio levels of your radio match those of the soundcard. To help achieve this, use the smdiag utility. This utility can only be used after the interface is started up, i.e. after ifconfig sm? up. The sound driver and the soundcard modem driver are mutually exclusive, i.e. they cannot both access the same soundcard at the same time. Even worse, the sound driver reserves the soundcard as soon as it gets loaded. The souncard modem driver however reserves the card only when the interface is started, i.e. during ifconfig if up. 9600 baud may not currently work on SoundBlaster cards with DSP revision 4.x, i.e. SB16 and SB32 AWE. This is because they seem to not be fully backwards compatible. SEE ALSO
smdiag (8), sethdlc (8), linux/drivers/net/soundmodem.c AUTHOR
smmixer was written by Thomas Sailer (t.sailer@alumni.ethz.ch). Smmixer 0.1 1 October 1996 SMMIXER(8)