Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X-programming for beginners
Top Forums Programming X-programming for beginners Post 5639 by Neo on Sunday 19th of August 2001 10:38:12 PM
Old 08-19-2001

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

unix course for beginners

does anyone know of a course for unix beginners (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moose
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

UNIX for beginners

I am new to non Windows operating systems. Does anyone have advice on which UNIX OS vendor would be good for learning purposes. I was looking for a version of UNIX that runs on the Intel platform. Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase the software? Thank you. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmy113437
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

4. Programming

Beginners question about fork

Hi everyone: I'm developing a dynamic library for notifications, this library is used for a daemon that i've programmed, when something goes wrong the library should send an email to an administrator, but since sending an email is a non-vital process then it can fail (it should work as an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk beginners question

hi, i start using awk and have a very basic problem. here's my code: #! /usr/bin/awk -f # 2010, scz # { $1 == "test" { print $2 } } this works on the command line but not as "program" - what is the difference between awk programs on the command line and executing awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svencz
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Which UNIX version for beginners

1. I would like to know which UNIX version I should use as a beginner and from I can get it? 2. How much hard disk space(drive space...in case of dual boot) does it require? 3. Can I run it from USB or Live CD? 4. Is there any need of installing UNIX if I have Linux... ie does Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArpitRaj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell program for beginners

Hey, i hope someone can help me with this program. I need to write a program in shell which will return how many times and how much time have users been logged in system between two dates. We give time as 2 dates as arguments in command line. Example: $ nameofprogram 27/04 06/05 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Exander
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX for beginners

i'm just a beginner in unix environment- please help which book to read and which os to use!!! :confused: seriously i've no idea what is unix or how much capable it is!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav singh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Clustering for beginners. Few questions.

Hello! I need some advices from You. How many days i need to setup cluster using virtual box for mid exp user? Do you have any ideas related to master thesis related to clustering? I need to include some search aspect within that topic.Can You recommend some books/docs about that case? Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: protos27
4 Replies
lookbib(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        lookbib(1)

NAME
lookbib - find references in a bibliographic database SYNOPSIS
lookbib database DESCRIPTION
A bibliographic reference is a set of lines, constituting fields of bibliographic information. Each field starts on a line beginning with a `%', followed by a key-letter, then a blank, and finally the contents of the field, which may continue until the next line starting with `%'. The lookbib utility uses an inverted index made by indxbib to find sets of bibliographic references. It reads keywords typed after the `>' prompt on the terminal, and retrieves records containing all these keywords. If nothing matches, nothing is returned except another `>' prompt. It is possible to search multiple databases, as long as they have a common index made by indxbib(1). In that case, only the first argument given to indxbib is specified to lookbib. If lookbib does not find the index files (the .i[abc] files), it looks for a reference file with the same name as the argument, without the suffixes. It creates a file with a .ig suffix, suitable for use with fgrep (see grep(1)). lookbib then uses this fgrep file to find refer- ences. This method is simpler to use, but the .ig file is slower to use than the .i[abc] files, and does not allow the use of multiple reference files. FILES
x.ia x.ib x.ic index files x.ig reference file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
addbib(1), grep(1), indxbib(1), refer(1), roffbib(1), sortbib(1), attributes(5) BUGS
Probably all dates should be indexed, since many disciplines refer to literature written in the 1800s or earlier. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 lookbib(1)