Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password Generator
Special Forums Cybersecurity Password Generator Post 56345 by osee on Friday 1st of October 2004 06:15:02 AM
Old 10-01-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Perderabo
I'm working on a random number generator for use with a password generator. So far it passes every test I can find except for test number 10 of the Diehard test suite. Diehard has a well deserved reputation as the toughest suite of tests for random number generators.
I wonder why not use one of the already available PRNG solutions like prngd, or one of the kernel based PRNGs?

Are they not good enough, or for portablility reasons?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range generator

Dear All, I have a sorted file like 1 2 3 8 9 10 45 46 47 78 The output will be range like 1 3 8 10 45 47 78 78 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
9 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Barcode Generator

QR Code Generator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time generator

Hi experts, I'd like to generate the table/file containing: number of milliseconds elapsed since midnight till midnight. It should contain 5 columns (hours minutes seconds milliseconds): Table will have theoretically 86 400 000 rows. My question is , is there somewhere the file or source... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
7 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

swordfish --- a password generator

Here is my new password generation script. The attachment, swordfish.txt, is in dos format. Remember that you need to use dos2unix or flip or something to get it into unix format. The script is self documenting. It has an extensive help system built-in. And you can run: swordfish "set... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Password generator with user inputs

Hi, I am new to bash scripting and i wanted to make a bash script that will generate a password for a user. The user must enter his/her name and the url of the site the password is used for. And the script will generate a password with those two elements in the password. So if the url is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kvr123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Password generator with 2 digits and 6 characters

I am using the below to random generate a password but I need to have 2 numeric characters and 6 alphabetic chars head /dev/urandom | tr -dc A-Za-z0-9 | head -c 8 ; echo '' 6USUvqRB ------ Post updated at 04:43 PM ------ Any Help folks - Can the output be passed onto a sed command to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hostsfile generator

Hello I use a bash script to creating the hosts file /etc/hosts But there is a bug inside my output and I want to fix this. My Array looks like this: 205,IP 111.122.133.20 205,HOST2 unas 205,HOST1 unas15533 205,COMMENT # UNAS 775,IP ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
9 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
DH_AUTO_TEST(1)                                                      Debhelper                                                     DH_AUTO_TEST(1)

NAME
dh_auto_test - automatically runs a package's test suites SYNOPSIS
dh_auto_test [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_auto_test is a debhelper program that tries to automatically run a package's test suite. It does so by running the appropriate command for the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a test or check target, then this is done by running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If the test suite fails, the command will exit nonzero. If there's no test suite, it will exit zero without doing anything. This is intended to work for about 90% of packages with a test suite. If it doesn't work, you're encouraged to skip using dh_auto_test at all, and just run the test suite manually. OPTIONS
See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options. -- params Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_test usually passes. NOTES
If the DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS environment variable contains nocheck, no tests will be performed. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_AUTO_TEST(1)